Thread: 2011 Silverado 4.8 SC

Tuner in Training

2011 Silverado 4.8 SC

Ok guys I'm fresh on the HPtuner and wanted to get some advice on how to proceed on this build.

2011 Silverado 4.8
    Lysholm Twin Screw SC 8.5 lb pulley
    55 lb injectors
    Relocated IAT to Manifold

Truck cranks and idles like stock. Is driveable until SC starts to boost and cuts fuel. (My shop is 1 mile flat ground from my house so no I'm not out pounding it)

HPTuner has unlocked the VCM for this truck and I am tuning with latest BETA release .147

Im assuming there wont be a 2 or 3 bar OS enhancement released for this in the near future so I want to proceed with the stock MAP sensor and just get a base file in until we can schedule in the full dyno tune.

I've read almost the entire Gen IV section, watched all the vids, and clicked through numerous files to see the differences.

Im lost on where to make my changes to the Primary VE table as I cant find it, only can find cranking, lo ALT and HI ALT.

Maybe everything is running together in my head but if someone could just give me a simple roadmap here I'd appreciate it. I can work the details out I have just confused myself with information overload.

Tuner
    Try this thread:
    VE Tune
    07 Avalanche Exhaust & CAI

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    First off, contact support for access to the newest beta .150 as .147 has a scanner bug that has since been fixed.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Can you post a file?

I can't remember if the 2011's had the 2BAR OS available or not. If so, I would convert to the 2 BAR setup and tune it off that. Otherwise, you can either use bluecat's VE chingaletta to convert to traditional GM VE or setup your truck to do straight MAF.
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Bill will do. That explains why I couldn't run scanner on .147 I had two separate laptops set up so I could run editor and scanner.

I will post up the file for the truck tomorrow and hopefully it has 2 bar.

Thanks for the help. The truck is being pulled apart Friday for full bag, body drop, narrowing rearend, and repaint so it will be down for 3-4 weeks. Gives me time to work out the tuning issues on the supercharger install.

Tuner in Training
    Here's the stock config file

Recap for search function 2011 SIlverado LS 4.8 Automatic

Can't load your file unfortunately.

I did a 2011 today, and saw that the 2BAR isn't available. Oh well
    '20 AT4

Tuner in Training
    AH thanks for checking it out. I see your from Houston. All the air suspension for the truck came from Ekstensive Metal Works in Houston.

Ah that's cool. Our buddy Tim owns the blue truck (previously color blind), I'm sure you've seen it...
    '20 AT4