Thread: How do I extend oxygen O2 sensor warm up time trouble codes P0134 P0154

Advanced Tuner

How do I extend oxygen O2 sensor warm up time trouble codes P0134 P0154

What tables can I modify? To increase the time the PCM keeps the heater circuit on, and or increase the switch over time from closed to open loop?

I am getting codes P0134, P0154 wiring fuses are fine replaced the sensors got same codes, get the truck hot then delete codes restart, runs fine no codes set, ounce it is hot it seems fine?? To free flowing exhaust takes longer to warm up maybe? OBX 1 3/4 stainless long tubes high flow cats etc..

2006 SSR tune running, 2007 LR4 V8 4.8L E40 PCM

attached logs after sensor change are these O2 voltages normal??
    Last edited by 04colyZQ8; 02-04-2011 at 01:25 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    You can extend the time taken to go from open to closed loop in the ETC related temperature parameters "Closed Loop Enable" or by the delay time.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    You can extend the time taken to go from open to closed loop in the ETC related temperature parameters "Closed Loop Enable" or by the delay time.
    I did exactly that set the temps up to 185 instead of 131, and delay time up to around 200 and 320 seconds. re-flashed and ran it as soon as it reached the old setting 131 it set the O2 codes.. what the heck, I changed the setting?

Senior Tuner
    Ive seen that on one also, seemed liek it was disregarding
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    Ive seen that on one also, seemed liek it was disregarding
    Is this normal problems with long tube headers and a free flowing exhaust?

What is the solution? I also get P0174 lean code on bank 2 only?? It's like they cool off to quickly? especially bank two, If I rev the engine around 3000 rpm and get it hot then let it idle the O2 voltages seem within normal range and I don't get a bank 2 lean code, until it start to cool off, then it sets the code.

Also constantly get P0134 and P0154 no activity O2 codes as soon as the temp gets to 131 F

I had this same problem in a 2008 TB EXT 5.3L and a 2003 Yukon XL 5.3L .

The SSR I think use the same TB Ext o2 sensors acdelco 2133839, but the E40 probably use other O2 sensors like # 2133533
    sometimes not using the correct sensor or using other brand replacement gives some issues.

Drove me crazy. Checked all wires. All fine, replace O2 sensor twice in each. Same thing.

The problem was a slight rough idle at Park, and less rough at Drive Suvs not moving. Once they move no missfire, no surging, nothing.

Last Thing I did to both was a Cylinder balance test, then a Case Relearn. After that has been a month with no SES light on again.

Idle still kind of rough so I guess is not the right solution (Changed coils, spark plug wires, Spark plugs, Injectors, IAC, and so on. Rough idle still there!)

Hope this helps some. And please post if you got a solution.
    Last edited by OldSkool69; 07-03-2011 at 11:40 AM.
    Silverado 2001 4wd rcsb, LS 6.6L, Edelbrock Super Vic manifold, Aarons 102mm elbow, Wilson 105mm TB, AEM dual Nozzle water/meth kit, 60 psi injectors, Automotive FPR, dual Walbro Fuel pump setup, compcam 230/234-.572-.576-114, WCCH Stage 2 heads, Front Mount Turbo MP45R Turbo, Intercooler , dual 3" maganflows, no Cats, CKPerformance Billet 4L80E, ProTorque converter, 14 bolt Detroit TrueTrac 3.73.

Camaro 69 SS Mast LSX454, FLT 4L60E.

Silverado 2009 Hybrid 4wd Waiting for HPTUNERS

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkool69 View Post
    I had this same problem in a 2008 TB EXT 5.3L and a 2003 Yukon XL 5.3L .

The SSR I think use the same TB Ext o2 sensors acdelco 2133839, but the E40 probably use other O2 sensors like # 2133533
    sometimes not using the correct sensor or using other brand replacement gives some issues.

Drove me crazy. Checked all wires. All fine, replace O2 sensor twice in each. Same thing.

The problem was a slight rough idle at Park, and less rough at Drive Suvs not moving. Once they move no missfire, no surging, nothing.

Last Thing I did to both was a Cylinder balance test, then a Case Relearn. After that has been a month with no SES light on again.

Idle still kind of rough so I guess is not the right solution (Changed coils, spark plug wires, Spark plugs, Injectors, IAC, and so on. Rough idle still there!)

Hope this helps some. And please post if you got a solution.
    Well I am running a SSR and SSR computer similar to the trailblazer.

Apparently this is a normal occurrence with long tube headers and a free flowing exhaust?? So What the solution is is to ground the O2 heater wires from the PCM to chassis ground for the front O2 sensors. So the heater is on as soon as the ignition is, and stays on. Then turn off the heater codes with HP tuners. That and a case learn worked for me.

I still get bank 1 rick, and lean codes, and bank 2 lean, but I think that is possibly to do with the tune being off? No more false knock, and idle is way better