Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Theres about to be a surplus of android tablets

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    We are looking for a qualified mobile dev in the Chicagoland area....
    Thank you thank you thank you! I am dying to use my tablet to tune, I'm SICK of lugging my old windows laptop around to tune and the battery sucks

Frankly, hptuners is the only reason I keep my old laptop around anymore

Potential Tuner
    Love this idea OP! My battery life on my tablet is amazing. Nice to hit the track up and not worry about battery life for a change.

Anything become of this yet Keith? So sick of dealing with Windows BS.
    2007 Corvette: 440ci LS7 600RWHP N/A
    2006 GTO: 500rwhp Stock bottom end LS2 with Bolt on's
    2000 Formula: 615rwhp N/A, TH400, 9" Rear
    --615rwhp Dyno Pull>>> 615rwhp dyno pull N/A
    --9.87 Motor Pass>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWYRSYr3nys
    1999 Arctic White FRC Corvette: 1 of 311... Bolt ons only.
    1992 Camaro: LS swap
    1967 Ford Galaxie 500

www.fquick.com/Kingsize

Subscribed

Tuner
    At the risk of sounding like a dick, the android system would suck to develop for...well maybe i should say support. With the amount of varying hardware, manufacturer interface tweaks, and then carrier bullshit (assuming it's a cell version which are becoming more commonplace), trying to troubleshoot on systems that are on SOOO many different versions because the manufacturer doesn't support. iOS would be a much better choice if it were me having to deal with the headache of supporting, but that's just my $.02. I'm loving my Surface Pro 3... and the HP TM2 before it, Panasonic Toughbook... great devices, in a sea of crappy windows tablets. Anyway, interested to see what the future holds. Keep up the great work Keith.
    Murphy's Laws of War:
    Bullets Have The Right-Of-Way
    Friendly Fire....Isnt
    If It Is Strong Enough The Enemy Cant Get In....You Cant Get Out
    Tracers Point Both Ways

Advanced Tuner
    What would be nice is this. Just an android/ios app to view datalogs and tune details. I'm not ready to put away my tuning laptop just yet. But when I'm not on the laptop, I'm on my tablet/phone. And when people on the forum post requesting help, its a pain to drag out the laptop just to review the files. 99% of my time on the forum is on my phone.

Tuner
    Great idea, and it would also be an easier transition into tuning from that platform as well.

If you have a wifi/bluetooth obd device, you can use the mobile app TrackAddict which we have via the app store.

We're working giving it near the same functionality as VCM Scanner. The idea being that you can use your mobile device to record and view, but if you want to do real data analysis, you'll be sending the file to your PC to open via VCM Scanner.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Any plans to include the GM specific PIDs? Like Knock? Haven't connected to the 2010 LS3 car, just the 2004 Grand Prix 3.8... no GM specific PIDs listed..

IMG_3461.PNG
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    If you have a wifi/bluetooth obd device, you can use the mobile app TrackAddict which we have via the app store.

We're working giving it near the same functionality as VCM Scanner. The idea being that you can use your mobile device to record and view, but if you want to do real data analysis, you'll be sending the file to your PC to open via VCM Scanner.
    Heck yes! Been waiting for this.... Especially since my ECU cannot support black box scanning.
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    Any plans to include the GM specific PIDs? Like Knock? Haven't connected to the 2010 LS3 car, just the 2004 Grand Prix 3.8... no GM specific PIDs listed..

IMG_3461.PNG
    Yes, we will be adding all of the parameters VCM Scanner supports to TrackAddict
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Senior Tuner
    I'm really looking forward to this. I hate dealing with cables strewn about in the car while I'm trying to drive to record things. I don't mind plugging in to flash, but this will be great.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat