Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FI 403 wont pull past 5500 RPM?

While boost seems to be boost, you can take a F1A at 15psi and make more power on the same engine that it would with the P1. At the point your at I see the blower not being efficient but I still don't think that's your issue. I'd change cams if it was mine. That's one of the only things similar to your old setup and seems to be causing some valvetrain instability in the upper rpms.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Bringing this back up, cause it still aint fixed!!

I pulled the front end apart and checked cam install. it appears the intake is roughly 2* retarded from the cam card, exhaust is right on. nothing obvious with the valve train, but will be double checking the spring pressures.

I got on the dyno again the other day with the following changes to my setup.

TR7 plugs installed @ .025 gap
    Meth disconnected.
    timing set @ 18*
    did a couple pulls with a 15PSI pulley then changed to a 5 PSI pulley.

No matter what I do, the HP still falls off at 5500 RPM????

NO SES light, runs smooth, will rev to redline.....just making less power when it gets there.

Been wondering about cam and crank sensors, but would think Misfires or something more obvious would be evident? same thought about the reluctor wheel, but all feed back I have seen is running bad or not at all is more likely a result from a bad reluctor wheel?

Any more Idea's???

is there anything in the 1 bar to 2bar transition that I should check calibrations on? MAP sensors etc...?

At this point I am pretty frustrated....
    2004 GTO M6, 403, Callies, compstar, wiseco, QTP HV oil pump, QTP 2 piece timing cover, EDC custom AFR 235's, LS6 intake, P1SC-1 Procharger maxed @ 13psi, 224/232 600/600 114 EDC custom cam, JBA shortie headers (thanks California) custom boost referenced return style fuel system with surge tank, walbro 255, staged magnafuel 4303, Dual LC-1, Dual Aeroforce Interceptor gages, Nexus fP and boost gages.