Thread: Will HPTuners ever support Northstar engines?

Tuner in Training

Will HPTuners ever support Northstar engines?

I've asked this a couple times before and I'm wondering if I should stop holding my breath. I know there are a lot of engines out there, and new one coming out every model year. I'm hoping for tuning capabilities for the last generation of non-vvt northstars, but with the new northstar, the LS2, the new high feature V6, etc etc, I question whether HPTuners will ever get around to it. I'd really like to know. If not I'll have to look at other fuel management methods which are far less appealing.

Scott

Advanced Tuner

Re: Will HPTuners ever support Northstar engines?

Quote Originally Posted by LymanSS
    I've asked this a couple times before and I'm wondering if I should stop holding my breath. I know there are a lot of engines out there, and new one coming out every model year. I'm hoping for tuning capabilities for the last generation of non-vvt northstars, but with the new northstar, the LS2, the new high feature V6, etc etc, I question whether HPTuners will ever get around to it. I'd really like to know. If not I'll have to look at other fuel management methods which are far less appealing.

Scott

I had a thread once on trying to get the numbers to show that people wanted the support for OBDII in the Seimens VCM. Only about 5 people actually responded to needing support.

The sandrail community still has no idea about tuning VCM's and they use the North* and 3800SC engines.

The Fiero's are pretty strong in using the North* as a engine choice, but most of them use the 95 OBDI computer.

Loyde

Potential Tuner

I have a DTS and I'd love to see something happen for the Northstar.. Add me to the list...
    Sal Collaziano&&Cadillac

Tuner in Training

Any change of status on this issue? I'd really like to start tuning Northstars.

Scott

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by LymanSS
    Any change of status on this issue? I'd really like to start tuning Northstars.

Scott

I am sure that CAN is higher on the list than Cadilliac VPW

I sure would like to get into some OBDII N* PCMs also however.

Loyde

Advanced Tuner

I too would like support for Northstar processors BUT only because thats whats going into my truck (56 gmc with engine in rear).

Now i have done some preliminary work and it appears that any V8 LS1 computer should run the northstar, just a matter or making it understand the crank sensor and cam sensor signals. Most likely easiest method is to build a sensor wheel that mounts to back of damper and there you go.

Or you can just use the Holley commander 950 available from chrfab preprogrammed for use with the northstar.
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

count me in i tried the air box trick exh. is next for my 95ect(got any more tricks)

Will HPTuners ever support Northstar engines? x2
    1998 z28 A4 mods are 347 forged shortblock, prc 5.3l stg2.5, long tubes 3'' moroso siralflow dumped, ms3 cam, PTM 90mm TB, Fast 90mm intake, Electric Water Pump.This is my bracket racing car.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I doubt it will happen anytime soon...they've got a ton on commitments to live up to as it is.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"