Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fastest LSX with your software?

Tuner in Training

Fastest LSX with your software?

Just wondering?
    I know there have been a few in the 8's

Advanced Tuner
    similar thread to yours - no lsx cars that anyone has posted faster than 8.8 so far... hard to believe

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...hlight=fastest
    Last edited by murphinator; 07-19-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: forgot to include link !
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

I helped noyzee go 8.9x with this software.

Tuner in Training
    Well I have had the car out with the new setup twice. Both were index races. First was the motor city rumber at Milan on 7-10. It was a 9.0 index class and I was #1 qualifier and won the class with a best of 9.014. Last week was a 8.90 index at Norwalk. I ran a 8.900 in qualifying. I screwed up in the semi's and didnt win that race. My point is I am not leaning on this thing yet. Once I do I should be that quickest and fastest ever with HPT. All of this in the summer heat. Wait until I get some decent weather.

Advanced Tuner
    ive run 8.2 using HPT 3 bar os to control the ignition.. only reason im not using it to control the fuel is 16 injectors wont work off the stock PCM..

Why does this even matter? Just wondering. How would the software allow or not you to run 8's? if it fully controls the ECM, wouldn't the limiting factor be the hardware?

isn't a more applicable question, what's the fastest people can run with the stock ECM?

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Why does this even matter? Just wondering. How would the software allow or not you to run 8's? if it fully controls the ECM, wouldn't the limiting factor be the hardware?

isn't a more applicable question, what's the fastest people can run with the stock ECM?

correct you are....
    the question should be where is the limit of the stock ECM...

but to a point , it cxan also be whats the fastest somebody has run using one of the HPT Custom OS's on a stock pcm

I have buddies deep into the 8's on stock pcm, but using 3bar OS....

limiting factor ends up being injectors...which eventually when you really huge injectors... they are the wrong impedance and require a separate controller.
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    thats the only reason im using a different fuel controller...

you can get 2000cc injectors now that work great as long as you stick to petrol.. just not enough fuel for methenol...

In all honesty when you get a car going that fast with expensive parts, what is $2k for a good standalone to control the motor and accessories like boost/nitrous etc?
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Advanced Tuner
    because $2k dosent cut it when you go standalone..
    more like 5-6k by the time you get a ignition system that can do the job as well..

the factory ECU and ignition system is dead accurate and very very powerfull unlike a lot of standalone ecu's on the market..

my data logger controls the boost,
    the fuel ecu controls the fans, shift light etc etc
    the factory ecu controls the coils and thats it

Find me some people paying that much for the setup and I'll def sale them some stuff for that price that'll work! Haltech or BS3 are two off the top of my head that if you have any sense of wiring at all you can be in it for less than $3k and running with alot more features the factory PCM can't do with HPT. Now there are other custom OS's with different programmers that have the ability to control minimal things like add/sub timing for nitrous etc but still not to the speed or resolution of a standalone.

Don't get me wrong it's awsome we can do so much with our factory computers but the big boy's have BS3 in their car's for a reason!
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Advanced Tuner
    Haltech cant run sequential ignition and has to run waste spark.. thats a big no no in my books when chasing 1500+hp you need the coils to get all the charge time they can

look at it this way

BS3 16 injector is $3700
    M&W pro 18 is $1250
    8 good coils $800

thats $5750 before you even look at a data logger...

now lets look at my setup

factory LS1 PCM $50
    wiring harness $100
    factory coils $200
    Microtech LT16 16 injector $1350
    Lingenfelter LNC-003 2 step limiter $265

$1965.. add a PCS data logger and your still under $3500 with full EGT logging etc

the LT16 has 8 ignition outputs and ill be testing it running the whole show soon...

my setup works perfectly fine and has run 8.2 on its first pass down the track shutting it down early. next time out it will run a 7 something..

I never said it couldn't be done on the factory stuff, it's just much easier in one solution with aftermarket stuff. Plus the processor's are faster in the aftermarket ECM's.
    ShorTuning

Tuner in Training
    Well I ran 8.39@166 over the weekend at the LSfest.
    It is looking like I may be the quickest using the stock PCM. Still have more on the table

Wow Ray that's FLYING!!!

Congrats!!!
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Nothing too special but I have a stock Long Block (heads to pan) 99 Z28 going 10.XX's on a small hit.....

-Dave

Tuner in Training
    Made three more passes on 20 psi last sunday 8.29, 8.30 and the slowest was 8.32
    All at 166 mph. Car is deadly consistant. It appears harlan may have also ran a 8.29 but at a slower (163 MPH) I am still trying to verify that.

I can't remember if Flaco is running the stock ECM or not with his setups, if so he's in the 8.8's with the 414 white turbo truck.

I'd love to get the S10 into the 9's, but a 8 is crazy fast
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

Advanced Tuner
    i have just changed my car back to the factory ecu running 8 ID2000 injectors,

testing on the 22nd,

i still have another ecu in there controlling 8 aux injectors for when the 2000's max out..

Tuner in Training
    [email protected] here. 2002 S-10 with 408 Turbo.