Thread: 02 PCM IN A 99?

02 PCM IN A 99?

I have seen a few post on this, but I am still not clear on what to do.
    I have a 99 Silverado. I want to junk the 99 PCM. I just ordered a working PCM from a 2002 Silverado and should have it in a week or so. I am also going to be ordering HP Tuners soon as I can get an answer to my questions.

I know I get 2 vehicle choices. I do not want the 99 as an option because of the glitches. Can I get the 02 package and just put the 02 PCM and tune away in a 99 truck?

My next question is, I have a couple friends with 02 silverados one wants TM removed and the other wants to play around with his. Can I just hook into there truck, Or do I need to install there PCM in my truck to tune or is it even possable?

Thanks for any help. I am sure this has been covered before, but I didnt see any clear answers.

Tim

Re: 02 PCM IN A 99?

IF you are replacing the PCM.....
    then you need the liscense for the Actual PCM you are putting in the vehicle...
    the software does not care what the PCM is in...as long as you have the liscense for the PCM itself

so in your case...
    If you are getting rid of the 99 pcm and replacing it with an 02 pcm then you need an 02 liscense and whatever second vehicle of choice that you want

however you should do a compare of the 99 tables and the 02 tables and make sure you copy all the values and tables across to the 02 before you turn the key
    -Scott -

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    IF you are replacing the PCM.....
    then you need the liscense for the Actual PCM you are putting in the vehicle...
    the software does not care what the PCM is in...as long as you have the liscense for the PCM itself

so in your case...
    If you are getting rid of the 99 pcm and replacing it with an 02 pcm then you need an 02 liscense and whatever second vehicle of choice that you want

however you should do a compare of the 99 tables and the 02 tables and make sure you copy all the values and tables across to the 02 before you turn the key

there you go again showing off

we do not have the compare function yet

More Than Zero

Advanced Tuner

You will need the 02 license. Just copy over the IFR table since the 99 has smaller injectors, the rest are good to go. The timing is a bit higher in the 02 pcm but your truck will be able to take that extra timing. There might be some other areas that are slightly off, but you can adjust those anyways when you get to tuning.

Once you get hptuners with the 02 license, you will be able to connect to and tune any 02 truck.

Chris
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

Tuner in Training

Or just get your two choices as 99 and 02. Then you can re-flash YOUR 99 PCM to 02 spec and save some ducets on the cost of a spare PCM.
    2001 TransAm WS6 Mods? What mods?

I know the 99 has 19# injectors and 24# in the 02. I have them all ready and am just waiting on the PCM.

I see that Silverado/Siera are grouped, But why is there a seperate license for the Yukon? They all have the same year code, chassis code and engine code. How does this software tell them apart?