Thread: Auto Save for Scanner

Advanced Tuner

Auto Save for Scanner

How about an auto save feature for the scanner that auto saves the to the scanner's directory or a default path of your choosing with the time stamp being the name of the file.

That way you don't have to try to stop/save/restart while driving.
    Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Tuner

Re: Auto Save for Scanner

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Chicken
    How about an auto save feature for the scanner that auto saves the to the scanner's directory or a default path of your choosing with the time stamp being the name of the file.

That way you don't have to try to stop/save/restart while driving.
    I second that, or even a save button next to the scan button. The drop down save data as does get tricky sometimes while in motion.

Or perhaps even duplicate the Save option under the File menu where I'd normally expect to find it. I agree that a default directory and file name (perhaps based on the current computer time) would be very helpful. As always, great work guys.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Tuner in Training

Or use the spacebar to start and stop recording, control + S to save log

Senior Tuner

I favor something like, every time you stop w/ the spacebar, autosave to an auto-incremented filename.

Advanced Tuner

timestamped filename shouldn't be too hard, spacebar to stop/save or 50k cells, which ever happens first.
    Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Tuner in Training
    I would like an auto save for 2 reasons. One is may laptop battery does not hold a charge for long and if I hit the cigarette liter plug and dont notice its unplugged the laptop dies. I know sleep or hiber, but if the battery is really low it just dies. Also I have hit a bump while hitting the space bar double tapping it and erased the last logging to start a new one. So another feature related to auto save might be saving the last log as a temp file when the space bar is hit to start logging. Maybe a setting to configure auto save including number of files to keep and the folder path.

Tuner in Training
    I have not messed with the VCM scanner in some years. No car to play with. We recently bought my daughter a 2002 Cavalier with an EcoTec. She is only 12 so I have to drive it for her. I downloaded the 3.6 version & noticed it autosaves the logs.

FRICKEN AWESOME!!!

Thanks very very much guys!