Thread: Emissions Test, Evaporative Control not completed

Advanced Tuner

Emissions Test, Evaporative Control not completed

I'm making changes in my car tune pretty much everyday, and i've noticed that the only test i've never seen completing is the evaporative control.

I'm running without LTFT's, would this cause the evaporative control test not to finish, or maybe this one takes a long time for it to complete ? if it's because of the last, is there a way to have the test completed in a shorter period of time ?

Tuner in Training
    Took 2-3 days on a 2000 silverado to run the evap tests. This could of course be different since your vehicle is much younger.

I would try 2-3 days without touching the tune to see if it runs. EVAP is also only run when set conditions come in to play. I don't remember them by heart, but it has to do with how much you have fuel in the tank (on the silverado fuel needed to be between ~15%-87%). Also the IAT and engine coolant temps needed to be different, how much? I don't remember.

You have to enable LTFT's I believe.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah nothing else is changed from diagnostics or cats function etc. the only thing different from a close loop operation stand point are the disabled LTFT's, and the car is bone stock.

I have no problems with it now, but i'm moving to Cali next week, and eventually i'll have to have the car registered, so i'll give it some time to run, and if it doesn't worst case scenario i'll load the stock tune, wait for the thing to run, do the smog check, and then load my tune back.