Thread: HELP: Injector Tuning for LS2 with 60LB Injectors

Tuner in Training

HELP: Injector Tuning for LS2 with 60LB Injectors

Can anyone shed some light on the tables I need to concentrate on to make this S/C'd car idle? I know there are several that changes need to be made to in order to scale the injectors. Any help is much appreciated! The car is a 2007 LS2 Vette if that helps.....

Tuner in Training
    I'm really looking for a base tune for the 60LB injectors and would be willing to pay someone for assistance or support. Once again it is a 2007 LS2 Vette.

Here is my last tune before I went to speed density, although it's an '05 which is a different PCM. PM me if you need help.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Potential Tuner

Here is a base tune for a SC LS2 using 60# injectors

You still need to tune the MAF High and Low tables. Set the PE table to 11.5 AFR ( 1.28 ) when the engine is under boost.

Senior Tuner
    Not a knock at them in anyway, but the other tunes shown here do not have any of the proper injector calibration data in them for the Siemens (Continental) 60# injectors (they flow approx. 73.x on a GM 4-bar system [58 psi]), which is what you're actually asking for. As you are probably aware, without the proper injector calibration data, we're just ultimately raping the tunes. Thankfully, now that we have all the proper data, we don't have to do this any longer.

Since you're willing to pay, Greg Banish recently released ALL the proper values for the 60# injectors, and you acquire these yourself by purchasing his training DVD from here:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SME-DVD-1/

I *highly* suggest you purchase this DVD, as it covers EVERYTHING you need to know to perfectly tune your car in yourself. Of course, we on the forums here will always be glad to help you, as well. However, the injector data is not for public distribution, as per the DVD agreement by Greg Banish when purchasing it.

Now, with that being said, you're still going to run into an IFR table limitation of 63.5 #/hr, so you will have to scale ANY table that is referenced by airflow and torque, as well as the "time" axis on the "Short Pulse Adder" table. Myself, Greg, and others, covered that in these threads pretty well:

IFR Value Limit Workaround - Parameters to scale?

Ratioing down the airflow values. HELP !!!

And I recently made a post here that explains additional tables that are referenced by airflow (certain knock sensor parameters), as well as the Trans pressure tables, which will be affected when you do the airflow scaling:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...4&postcount=22
    (post #22)

I hope this helps, so please ask any further questions that you may have.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Now, with that being said, you're still going to run into an IFR table limitation of 63.5 #/hr, so you will have to scale ANY table that is referenced by airflow and torque, as well as the "time" axis on the "Short Pulse Adder" table. Myself, Greg, and others, covered that in these threads pretty well:
    james, i was looking through all the links you posted but couldnt find anything about scaling the short pulse adder table... how is that done? Im trying to transfer the injector data from gregs data disc and I want to make sure I get it scaled correctly.
    Im not sure if Im going to keep it scaled at 50% or not, Im thinking of going back over everything and only scaling enough so the siemens 60's will be under the 63.5 limit....

also... when i enter values into the short pulse adder, they seem to round to a different value, should I just leave it at whatever it changes to?
    Last edited by JoeCiv; 08-11-2009 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCiv View Post
    james, i was looking through all the links you posted but couldnt find anything about scaling the short pulse adder table... how is that done? Im trying to transfer the injector data from gregs data disc and I want to make sure I get it scaled correctly.
    Im not sure if Im going to keep it scaled at 50% or not, Im thinking of going back over everything and only scaling enough so the siemens 60's will be under the 63.5 limit....

also... when i enter values into the short pulse adder, they seem to round to a different value, should I just leave it at whatever it changes to?
    Short pulse adder doesn't need to be scaled, just units of MASS or Torque (which is derived from airmass). Just take my short pulse raw data and round to the closest unit for your particular ECU table breakpoints.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCiv View Post
    50% is the easiest to use because everything will easily copy/paste from the old cell/row/column to the new one, without having to extropolate data. Thi especially holds true for the spark tables, knock sensor parameters, etc. Plus, you'll get DOUBLE the headroom on all the airflow parameters, and this is especially important for the MAF and spark table airmass axis on boosted vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Short pulse adder doesn't need to be scaled, just units of MASS or Torque (which is derived from airmass). Just take my short pulse raw data and round to the closest unit for your particular ECU table breakpoints.
    Greg, a little help, if you do not mind. You once stated to me:

There is no injector breakpoint in GM speak. They use a short pulse adder function, and ideally the fuel mass points (NOT the time points!) on this table should be scaled as well.
    Possibly you found that this isn't needed?
    Last edited by RWTD; 08-11-2009 at 03:59 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

The units in the short pulse adder table are millisenconds of injection time added per millisecond of raw calculated time from the linear equation. We may have misunderstood each other previously, sorry. Since the raw time is already scaled, the SPA table should represent real units of injection time (unscaled) that are being adjusted to make up for the non-linear behavior of the actual injector in question. I run the SPA table unscaled when I tune and haven't seen any trouble with poor fuel mass control. I hope this clears things up...

Senior Tuner
    Perfect! Yes, I went back and saw that it was me that was confusing myself.
    Formerly known as RWTD