Thread: 98 C5 Service vehicle soon Message

Tuner in Training

98 C5 Service vehicle soon Message

I have a message that reads service Vehicle Soon on my drivers info screen. The owers manual reads its electrical, dealer can't seem to find it. Is there an option that I can just disable this message?
    Thanks

did you turn off any MAF DTCs???

Tuner in Training
    Now it is telling me that the Door control module has lost connection. None of which is a P0 code that I can sht off. I have not touched the MAF DTC

Tuner
    I am in SD mode and did No ML to MAF DTCs does this cause the Service Vehcle light? Any way to make the light go away with programming?

Thanks,

Kane

Quote Originally Posted by roberttimmons View Post
    did you turn off any MAF DTCs???

Tuner in Training
    Finally got it. It is a steering position sensor; C1281 Steering Sensor Uncorrelated Malfunction.

So it looks as I will have to replace rather than tune, even though my car don't need this as I have no active handling.

if you are in SD mode and you try to disable the dtc for the MAF you will most definatly get the service vehicle soon code and it will probably not even run... Those codes must be present for the car to function properly in SD mode. All you can do is turn off the light for it. There is also a way to kill the steering sensor problem I just forget how its been a long time.