Thread: How's your project car doing?

How's your project car doing?

The cliffnotes version.. had a 97 V6 firebird... went 13.6 NA and 12.3 on a 100 shot of nitrous, swapped in a LS1 and went 12.4@112 stock..

Going for 11.26@118 NA stock heads/cam.

Has just about all the boltons, cai/ls6 intake/pulley/inj's/LT's/x-pipe w/duals/YTP 4400/3.42 gear/built trans..

it's also a stripper.. Today I removed the dash and yanked the pass side air bag. Removing the HVAC in a little bit. It's pretty cool to see the car with no dash.

My current raceweight is about 3150 but I'd like to bring it down to around 3050 with the new 8pt chromemoly roll bar I'm putting in.

hack hack hack... makes my ride pretty ghetto.

- Keith
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Re: How's your project car doing?

just ended the season with one series (Sportsman) with a championship. We are 1 point in the lead with one race to go at another track (Jacksonville) with the winged sprints.
    The Hornet (FWD 4 cyl) finished 3rd for the season

My 93 is running stronger than ever.

So all projects so far this year were successful
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Well.. I am preparing for nov 2nd for a dyno day... I dont think I'll win the overall class but I do think I'll win the streetable class.. since there is a 94 galant vr4 that pumped 677 las time on 100shot and 604 w/o n2o... but it comes on a flatbed, no street

I expect around 600-615 rwhp with 11psi boost... I had The car did 555 with just 8psi boost and a really bad S-trim impeller and the tires where spinning on the mustang dyno, so I think its achievable... and all this on pump 93 octane gas... I beat an rx7 T2 of 10.5@131MPH from 25-145 and he got a 2 car head start and i beat him by 2 cars more

My dream would be to swap in a 427 LS6 engine there with a set of twin turbos or a nasty supercharger...

But anyways.. I think I can get to the power I want with my 383 s/c combo..

RIght now I am down for lack of bushings that I bought from PST that have not arrived and the new set of konis that are going in... its not a track car but I do want the best on what I can get my hands on

Hope it goes in great mangus

Tuner in Training

i need assitance with 3bar map on $8f. im running out of sensor. my projects this year pretty rockin. dis and 727 on 88 accord. with turbo.

Here's a pic of my progress:

http://www.dxsoftware.com/misc/hardcore2.jpg
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

wheres that red wire go? hehehehe....
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

here's my little project....

66.77.116.50/gpse

waiting on a new bottom end and need to do the pcm still... Yeah I know its a crappy car, but that was the point. pure sleeper.

Tuner

mine is here ...
    www.lynoise.com
    Need to update it a little.. but its mostly up to date.
    My major pitfall is the PCM. Damn thing tries to run so rich. I have a mini AFC (tricks the PCM into thinking there is less air through the MAF then there really is) but that is causing tranny issues because I have it set so low.
    Charles- I need your help with that one

I also have a 84 VW Cabrio I am working on every now and again. Tranny lost Reverse and 5th... thinking of putting my spare 3.8 in there just for kicks! ;D
    &&-=#Determined to figure out the PCM in my 2k Impala#=-&&http://www.lynoise.com

Well I took my 97 Grand Prix SE w/3800 NA and go busy.....

Started at 16.2 in the 1/4

Currently at 13.778 @ 100.44. Could be low 13's but no traction at the track. I'm going back in a week or two to hope for better luck.

Plans for next spring/summer should see me in low 11's if it holds together.

http://66.77.116.50/gpse