Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PCM Tuning on Ecotec

Potential Tuner
    man i hope this baby comes out soon .

Potential Tuner
    i would get this software also. as much as people have been talking about i'm shocked that it has not come out yet. if it was $100-$900 i would buy it for the turbo project. and if it is over $1000, i'll save up more and buy it :P hope it comes true.

We're almost there guys Still no change in plan, within 2-3 weeks of the USB interfaces being released we will be ready to go. I'll be making a post specifying what the initial vehicle support is and asking for beta testers at that time.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    We're almost there guys Still no change in plan, within 2-3 weeks of the USB interfaces being released we will be ready to go. I'll be making a post specifying what the initial vehicle support is and asking for beta testers at that time.

Chris...

very good news. thank you very much and any and all details will be nice when you have the time.

Tuner in Training
    I'm needing stuff for a 2004 Ecotec to do a JBody with Cams. Also looking to do a Saturn Ion Redline with overdrive kicked up for more boost. Are we about there yet?

Steve

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners

Chris...
    Chris,

I have the following cars to test when you are ready:

2006 Pontiac Solstice 2.4

2005 Cavalier 2.2 Ecotec Auto
    2003 Cavalier 2.2 Ecotec Manual
    2002 Cavalier 2.4 Auto
    1999 Cavalier 2.4 Manual

2005 Cobalt 2.0 SuperCharged Manual
    2005 Cobalt 2.2 Manual
    2005 Cobalt 2.2 Auto

2005 Saturn Ion Redline 2.0 SuperCharged Manual

2005 Aveo 1.6 Manual

My Solstice now has a Turbo and I DESPERATELY need some tuning...
    Have car - Have dyno - Have Laptops... NEED HP TUNERS!!!

I am ready when you are...

Jim

Tuner in Training
    Waiting also. I love the program for my Camaro. Cant wait for the Cavalier. I would love to test it also. I have a 2002 AUTOMATIC 2800 yank stall. K&N Drop In. RK Sport UD Pulley. I would love to crisp the shift points up and get rid of TM.

Kyle

Tuner in Training
    Is the software any different for the Beta testers than it would be after the testing is done? Have you gotten the cables yet? IF not do you know when they will be in yet?

Thanks and looking forward to buying the software

Potential Tuner
    Really looking forward to this software - I have a 2002 LS Sport Cavi with an Ecotec and Auto. Sick of the FMU...cant wait to ditch the bloody thing...

Potential Tuner
    Jim knows who I am,

Chris or Ken, if you need a 2003 Turbo Ecotec 5 Speed for testing or anything else, just let me know, I should be able to get one to you with in the next few weeks.... You can use it for as long as you need. You can contact me via e mail if you would like and I can provide you every other information which you may need.

Karo
    Car Customs

Hi all,

We are very close to releasing software for the 97-05 Cavalier/Sunfire and the 97-00 S10. The later model S10 will follow quite quickly as we are just confirming a PCM hardware issue.

The license and credit info will be:

Chevy Cavalier Single Vehicle: 2 credits
    Chevy Cavalier Year/Model: 6 credits

Pontiac Sunfire Single Vehicle: 2 credits
    Pontiac Sunfire Year/Model: 6 credits

Chevy S10 Single Vehicle: 2 credits
    Chevy S10 Year/Model: 6 credits

Once again the years supported initially will be the 97-05.

Please be aware that although we have conducted testing ourselves initially this will be "beta" status release. The main issue being that there are a huge number of calibrations across all these vehicles and we do have a few gaps that will require folks to send in their files so we can add support. Once we are happy that these gaps have been filled we will move to general release. The gaps are mostly in the very early 97 and 98 support.

I expect the annoucement to happen this week.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Chris. Keith already told me to order. I'll get you the 2 bar GM S/C code asap, you'll do a LOT more business if you can add the 2 bar OS to your line up.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner in Training
    Great to hear guys, keep up the good work!

I have a fully built ecotec waiting to swaped in this spring and Ill be breaking it in over late spring and summer while I save up for a Hahn Kit. Look forward to having fun with the motor and squeezing whatever I can out of it before boost.
    Last edited by blackeco; 03-14-2006 at 01:38 AM.

Tuner in Training
    So can we plave and order today?

Kyle

Yah with Gm s/c 2.0 bar map support, then I'm onboard too, man I would love to slap in some 550cc injectors my 310cc are just to small to make anypower, dump the adjustable RRFPR, bring it to the dyno and tune it. With inputs from my wideband and EGT probe, this should be a huge upgrade, for reliablilty and some extra HP forsure

Quote Originally Posted by 97 Z Me Go
    So can we plave and order today?

Kyle
    Yes you can place an order today, but please be aware the CD you receive will not have support for the I4 cars, you will have to download the latest update (when we announce).

Remember the base package comes with 8 credits (enough to tune 4 vehicles using single vehicle licenses).

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Sweet!!!...Can..ls2 v-8 cars get added to the same cable when the credits are bought? Or is there something differnt being a 4 banger cable?
    Kyle

Advanced Tuner
    No, the cable is the same, you can license any cars that HPT supports all on the same cable.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

We have updated the orders page to reflect the beta of the L4 vehicles.

The only interface you need to support the L4 vehicles is an MPVI interface. You can add any vehicles we support to the MPVI interface.

Within the next few days we will be adding the GMC Sonoma, Grand Am, and Alero.

Cobalt is coming shortly.
    Last edited by Keith@HPTuners; 03-15-2006 at 04:44 PM.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner
    cobalt = lsj 2.0 ?