Thread: LS1 Running Rich At Idle

Advanced Tuner

LS1 Running Rich At Idle

I'm working on a tune for a friend of mine and can't seem to get the idle normal driving to key in. The car has stock injectors, inline walbro 255 fuel pump, ls6 heads, has a 236/238 601/605 113 plus 4 lsa cam, a 2800 stall,slp intake, and hooker longtube headers. I've attempted to adjust the primary VE tables w/ no result. I do not have pro so I'm going off what I can read w/ the scanner and what I see from the wb02. I'm thinking I need to start adjusting the maf calibration tables, but am not exactly sure as to what to do there. I can upload the latest tune for you guys to take a look at. Any help will be appreciated thanks in advance. This has been me since the install of the fuel pump... Before the pump but after the cam/heads install the thing idled and drove perfect, but he insisted on putting the pump in and adding some juice to it, while I've been able to control the wot afr's I have lost the control of the normal driving/idle afr's. Thanks guys hope to get some help on this. I have uploaded the tune to the repository, submitted by: Skunk, vehicle is a 2001 Cheverolet Camaro 5.7 V8 Automatic. Awaiting approval from hpt for it to be accesable. Thanks again.
    Last edited by schaid; 08-29-2008 at 09:22 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Did you test the fuel pressure before and after the pump? Perhaps it is running more base pressure now. The fuel pump didn't change the characteristics of your MAF, so don't change the calibration for that! I would look more at the IFR tables. Check your base pressure, if its higher than 58psi then scale that table accordingly.

Jon