Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Progress

Tuner
    Any Updates HP Tuners guys?....

Potential Tuner
    Will the current beta allow the clearing of dtc's, check engine lights and codes?

And will it require the use of credits?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    clearing dtc's on ngc3 & 4 dodges, not sure about the older dodge pcm's. No credits to use the scanner.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    clearing dtc's on ngc3 & 4 dodges, not sure about the older dodge pcm's. No credits to use the scanner.
    Awesome, I just sent a request for the latest beta as the last time I downloaded one was exactly 1 year ago. I am trying to help a friend out to clear his check engine light so hopefully it will work. I know he has a newer Dodge not sure on the year, but it is a diesel i just found out. So hopefully it will still work.

Are ISO 9141-2 and ISO 14230-4 protocol supported now? If not, it won't work on older pcms, because you can't even connect to these pcms.
    '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ, 5.2L (Canada Import), 2" Lift
    (CAI, Modded Kegger, Ported TB, 3" Cat-Back, SCT Custom Tune)

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited ZG, 5.9 V8, Stock

'03 Skoda Fabia, 1.4L 16v

'98 Chevrolet Camaro V6, 3.8L, Targa, ZZP GT1 Cam, Dynomax Cat-Back [sold]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    ISO will be later down the line, requires a firmware update. Older ford is the same(can't remember what they use off the top of my head)

first time I'm gonna ask this on the forums.. but any reasonable ETAs? I don't mind BETA testing this if you guys need it..

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin' View Post
    first time I'm gonna ask this on the forums.. but any reasonable ETAs? I don't mind BETA testing this if you guys need it..
    I won't give any eta's but will say its very close, we need to finish up the firmware update, licensing and gear/tire stuff and I think Chris wants to do something with the way dodge shows the afr(not sure if he'll do that before or after the public release) but otherwise its done from what I can tell.

Tuner in Training
    I can't wait to release the extra HP i know my truck has. If a hand held can give me 30 extra hp, i know i can get more than that out of HPTuner. TM alone is killing my truck. Feels like i'm falling on my face everytime it shifts.
    2000 Chevy Silverado 2500HD ECLB w/6.0 , 4L80E auto, 4.10 G80, K&N, Nelson Dyno Tune, STS Turbo, 02 PCM, IC, 44lb injectors,walbro 255lph, 05 E-Fans, and 160* t
    2006 Dodge Dakota SLT 4x4 , 4.7 HO Needing HPTuner

Tuner
    Bill, can you give us an idea of which NGC3 vehicles will be supported on the initial release ? In other words, which platforms, truck, LX , SRT4 ?

- Chris

Potential Tuner
    i posted it in ElecTech's thread as well, so if cross-posting is not allowed, please feel free to delete my other post mods.

can we also get a list of ALL enhanced PID's?? a lot of the guys using the Diablosport Predator to log with would like to know if this is offering more or less than the DSP's enhanced PID's

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rugbyguitargod View Post
    i posted it in ElecTech's thread as well, so if cross-posting is not allowed, please feel free to delete my other post mods.

can we also get a list of ALL enhanced PID's?? a lot of the guys using the Diablosport Predator to log with would like to know if this is offering more or less than the DSP's enhanced PID's
    I've been using the enhanced pids to tune a turbo 300C recently, there are not as many pids (I remember around 250) , but they are laid out in a more intuitive way and the naming conventions are not Chrysler based. Using only enhanced PIDs (no SAE) the data rate is amazing, as fast as you could want, and of course the most important thing to note is that you can build custom pids and histograms for whatever you need.

- Chris

we have 206 PIDs so far, they are based off the NA 5.7L so more will be added for the SRT4 when we get to them.
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    comprehensive list of enhanced PID's? 206 doesn't really do much for me

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by hexdummy View Post
    Bill, can you give us an idea of which NGC3 vehicles will be supported on the initial release ? In other words, which platforms, truck, LX , SRT4 ?

- Chris
    Reading will likely be introduced for all NGC3 based pcm's upon initial release.

I assume we'll start support for the 300c/charger V8 and probably V8 trucks.

I've had a rough time determining exactly what dodge/jeep/chrysler vehicles use what pcm as theres really not much info out there so if anyone has some info on them please email me at support at hptuners.com as I'm trying to gather that info now.

I don't think I have seen you say "very close" or "done" in any of the threads before. I can say this to everyone, while the development process for the tuning software may have been long and painful, tuning the dodge stuff is a pretty straight forward and easy process. Except the very early hemi cars, they are a nightmare. I have tons of em under my belt. The other tuning software out there has terrible scanning support, you can't make your own histograms, and turning on and off things like check engine lights is a problem.

HPT team - if you can figure out how to turn of the check engine lights for cats and rear o2's on the dodge stuff without making the sensors "not ready" you will be my hero. None of the other software vendors have.

Tuner
    I have to disagree with you on tuning these NGC vehicles. Certain tuning areas are straight forward, but tuning for boost and DBW stuff is not. I continue to see cars come through our shop, that have been previously tuned by others, with what I consider major drivability and tuning issues. I will agree that the wot tuning is fairly straight forward, but there seems to be a lack of understanding about the DBW and open/closed loop (the two are related) areas of the calibration. I've talked with several tuners that tune these cars regularly, and most tend to agree with what I'm saying. With GM and Ford, if you look in the right places, there is generally a very good understanding of how things work, and places to get training and documentation. I'm specifically talking about how various calibration areas and parameters work together. With NGC it seems that people are still trying to figure things out, mostly by trial and error. Sure some of the more basic tuning tasks are understood, such as VE and spark, but when it comes to DBW and open loop fueling, especially with cars with more radical builds, I feel there is still a lot to be understood and documented. Can I tune a car to run reasonably well, to the point that the customer finds it acceptable?, Usually yes. Do I (or anyone else for that matter) always have a clear understanding of what's happening in the DBW , open/closed loop, and TM areas?I can unashamedly say no, and am very skeptical of anyone who says otherwise. Hopefully, HP Tuners will be able to help us better understand and calibrate these controllers.

- Chris

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTBSS View Post
    I don't think I have seen you say "very close" or "done" in any of the threads before. I can say this to everyone, while the development process for the tuning software may have been long and painful, tuning the dodge stuff is a pretty straight forward and easy process. Except the very early hemi cars, they are a nightmare. I have tons of em under my belt. The other tuning software out there has terrible scanning support, you can't make your own histograms, and turning on and off things like check engine lights is a problem.

HPT team - if you can figure out how to turn of the check engine lights for cats and rear o2's on the dodge stuff without making the sensors "not ready" you will be my hero. None of the other software vendors have.

Tuner in Training
    I won't give any eta's but will say its very close, we need to finish up the firmware update, licensing and gear/tire stuff and I think Chris wants to do something with the way dodge shows the afr(not sure if he'll do that before or after the public release) but otherwise its done from what I can tell.
    Please excuse my ignorance but it's not clear from the surrounding posts - WHAT is very close to being released - the Dodge SCANNER or the entire Dodge VCM Tuner Suite?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Dodge pcm reading, the scanner is already in beta, we know we can read/write and we've already done a couple of the master defs so once the initial release is out there it'll just be a mad rush to get in the reads so we can map them out, just by how dodge did their calibrations we know there will be alot.

Dodge PCM reading would be fantastic. Funny thing is 90% of the people lately who've inquired about tuning their car/truck have dodge Hemi motors. Can't wait til y'all have something for the Dodges
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon