Thread: Wideband logging with PLX AFR-SM

Tuner in Training

Wideband logging with PLX AFR-SM

Apparently I've done something wrong somewhere down the line because my wideband just sits at 15.3ish and doesn't move. I've followed the write up that has the pic of the AC pressure sensor wire shown at the top. I did go the EGR route though. ([PID.2811]/.5)+8.3 <-- this brought HP tuners closer to my gauge but it will obviously need changed since I'm having this problem.
    My gauge fluctuates how I believe it should but apparently HP tuners isn't seeing any of it. EGR position fluctuates between 3.51 and 3.55 and that's about it. I'm really stumped on this one because I the wire that I'm tapping into for HP tuners to log is the same wire that feeds the gauge. BTW I'm using the PLX AFR-SM. I tapped into the Analog 0-5v output single wire plug. Is that wrong? I'm stumped.

Tuner in Training
    This always happens.. I search and come up with nothing so I post my question and then 5 minutes of more searching I find an answer.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...hlight=PLX+AFR

But what I want to know is, for a 98 3.8 camaro do I have to run a ground wire to pin 41 how it's shown there?

Advanced Tuner
    what number is on your pcm?
    if its 12200411 then pin 41 is ok to use for ground.

otherwise you could try and ground the wire anywhere on the car body and see it if works. i remember checking the continuty bewteen pin41 and the car body and there was 0 ohms between them
    04 VY Commodore ute M6 ls1, 918 valve springs, TR6 plugs, genttrbb twin turbo kit, 60lb seimiens injectors, Bosh 044 fuel pump, SX fuel reg, PLX wideband,Full Castle Hill Exhaust with 2 1/2in dump pipes, 4in cats into twin 3in cat back (no merge), Ripshift, oz700 clutch and 3.73 diff gears

Tuner in Training
    I didn't run the ground wire and just ran the EGR wire and it's giving me normal readings now. I am curious though if it would be more accurate or not because I've just put a turbo on a 98 3.8l camaro. The readings are jumping around a lot but I'm pretty sure that has to do with the larger injectors and such i'm trying to figure out how to tune.

Tuner
    I know this is a very old thread but can someone tell me if pin 41 ground is just so the output to HPT is identical to the gauge?

Dave