Thread: 2.22 problems

2.22 problems

I was previously using version 2.2.1 Beta because that was the only version that could read and write to my 07' LBZ.

I upgraded to 2.22 today and tried to reload the factory tune and I get this error;
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../Junk/HPT2.jpg

I tried going back to the Beta version and had to reapply the application key and then I get this error;
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../Junk/HPT1.jpg

So I then go back to 2.22 again and I was able to read the current tune (ran into some communication problems trying to read the TCM but it finally did read it but really slowly). I then try to reload the factory tune again and get this error;
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../Junk/HPT3.jpg
    Born on 11/20/06 07' GMC Sierra DMax EC 4x4 HPT

SOLD:2003 Silverado ECSB 4x4, LQ9, Patriot LS6, TR230/224, 31lb inj, TB Stall, HPT & LC-1.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    1. not sure, looks like a possible comms problem of some sort

2. happened because the VCM didn't have an operating system written yet as it appears as if it was in TCM recovery mode

3. happened because it looks like you were using a file that only has a pcm operating system but the software is detecting a tcm.

Switching back & forth from a stable version to a beta version & going backwards at that is never recommended. If you ran into some sort of issue its always best to either simply post on the forum or email us at support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

What am I suppose to do now with my old files? It won't let me use them since they didn't have the TCM read.

Also, is it suppose to run extremely slow while reading the TCM? Typically the read takes like 3 minutes, but as soon as the TCM starts to get read the percentage progress slows way down and it takes about an extra 3-5 minutes.
    Born on 11/20/06 07' GMC Sierra DMax EC 4x4 HPT

SOLD:2003 Silverado ECSB 4x4, LQ9, Patriot LS6, TR230/224, 31lb inj, TB Stall, HPT & LC-1.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Transfer the pcm differences to a pcm/tcm file, otherwise you'll need to pull your tcm fuse so our software doesn't recognize a tcm. As for the typical read time on the tcm im not sure about the partial read, I do know a full read of the A40 TCM takes about 45 minutes
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    Transfer the pcm differences to a pcm/tcm file, otherwise you'll need to pull your tcm fuse so our software doesn't recognize a tcm. As for the typical read time on the tcm im not sure about the partial read, I do know a full read of the A40 TCM takes about 45 minutes
    5 Minutes is about right for a calibration read. Bill, are you saying HPT supports full read/flash of the A40 TCM?