Thread: A4 Tranny won't engage

Tuner

A4 Tranny won't engage

I finally got my car back together and it seems that it is always something. While the motor and trans were out of the car i sent the trans to a shop to have my deep pan put on and the B&M transpak installed. I finally got the car to idle decently and I went to put the car in reverse and back out of the garage and it wouldn't move. By listening to the idle I can tell it left park, but you couldn't really feel it. The linkage is hooked up properly and the electric is in. I originally started the car with only 6qts. of fluid in it but it now has 12 qts. I'm lost I don't know what the problem is
    Victor&&99 T/A WS6 &&TEA 5.3 heads, 224, .581 112, Mac Mids, ORY, SLP Loudmouth, SLP Flowpac, ASP pulley, BMR PHB, LCA\'s w/relos., SFC\'s, Vig 3600 w/ 4L65E,deep pan, B&M transpak, Hayden trans cooler

Advanced Tuner

Re: A4 Tranny won't engage

you need to take the transmission back out and haul it down to your tranny shop again. they messed up, probly left the shift link off the manual valve (if your lucky), if not they messed up real bad.
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

Tuner

Re: A4 Tranny won't engage

Just took everything out and found out that the ears that the converter slides around on the pump are broken off and part of one of them is practically welded to the shaft on the converter
    Victor&&99 T/A WS6 &&TEA 5.3 heads, 224, .581 112, Mac Mids, ORY, SLP Loudmouth, SLP Flowpac, ASP pulley, BMR PHB, LCA\'s w/relos., SFC\'s, Vig 3600 w/ 4L65E,deep pan, B&M transpak, Hayden trans cooler