Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: New A6 Transmission parameters walkthrough

I've been trying to log a few parameters lately with the A6 such as Trans Fluid Temp, clutch function etc however I'm not able to store the parameters I'm after to log. Everytime I follow the process set out in the "Help" section I find that the parameters are "not supported".

Anybody been able to log those things or can someone help me with this??

Most of the TCM PIDs will show as unsupported unless you are connected to the car.

You have to be connected to the car before selecting the PIDs and save the config file. If you later open the config file while not connected to the car it will show the PIDs as not supported.

Once you record a log though the PID names will show correctly in the log.
    Last edited by carneb; 03-08-2009 at 10:51 PM.
    VE Calais V 6.0L L98 V8 6L80E

when I downshift from 3rd to 1st, I keep getting a really really heart paining noise as if things are clashing.. not too sure why.. I've left all Downshift TM alone, CT downshift TM alone and shift speed alone, but still that horrible down shift....

also any idea whats up with the delay in the down shift??? I read I might need to get a dealer update for the hesitation from lets say 5th/4th to 2nd/3rd or so?

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

The delay you speak about is actually the TCM commanding "Zero" torque from the engine because the trans has not completed the desired shift. I usually get the delay, almost like a pause, when I go from braking to acceleration and the trans is kicking down from 4th to 3rd. I have had the latest dealer software loaded which is suppose to include this update you speak of, however I still get the delay.

In saying that, I have read that different people report varying levels of improvement after the upgrade. If GM has put the upgrade out, and it's meant for your particular car (I think based on VIN number) then you might as well get it.

Can't help you with the clunk thing though?? Have you tried experimenting by returning the upshift TM back to factory settings?? Have you toned down the upshift TM or have you "Disabled" it altogether??

By the way....has anyone experimented with the "Clutch Control Mode" assigned to the 3 different "Pressure Pattern Modes"??

In my stock tune Pressure Pattern "X" has Clutch Control Mode "Normal" assigned to it. And Pressure Pattern "Y" and "Z" both have Clutch Control Mode "Special" assigned.

Has anyone played around with these and selected different Clutch Control modes for different Pressure Patterns??

So has anyone played around with the "Clutch Control" modes??

Also, is it possible to read a stock tune from another Commodore, save it by licencing it, then change the VIN number on that new file and flash it into my Commodore? Any comments??

Also if it is possible, can you flash in a sedan tune into a non-sedan vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by bluessv View Post
    So has anyone played around with the "Clutch Control" modes??

Also, is it possible to read a stock tune from another Commodore, save it by licencing it, then change the VIN number on that new file and flash it into my Commodore? Any comments??

Just download the tune and set the compare file to it.. anything thats in green go for it... I tried using the C6 trans tune from the other post about the A6 with non-desirable results. When I put the truck into M it wouldn't go back to D, or N or P.. I had to re-start the truck to get it working again...

one thing i copied over from the '08 C6 was the shift time, they decreased it alot compared to my 07 denali.. still get the sudden pause during shift with the TM off though or if im using TUTD.. with a run from 0 its smooth till I hit the 3rd-4th shift change..

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin' View Post
    Just download the tune and set the compare file to it.. anything thats in green go for it... I tried using the C6 trans tune from the other post about the A6 with non-desirable results. When I put the truck into M it wouldn't go back to D, or N or P.. I had to re-start the truck to get it working again...

Do you mean you used the whole calibration, licensed or reflashed it, or did a compare/copy?

Expensive way to trial calibrations .

Flash other calibrations at your risk......

Though if you are talking Sportwagon SSV into Sedan SSV or viccy verccy, they are probably near enough to the same or the same.

Last edited by LSX378; 03-14-2009 at 09:29 PM.

a compare/copy...

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

Tuner
    I have a question, is there a way to adjust the TCC pressure? I have noticed under light load at low speed (45mph) in 5th or 6th gear with the TCC locked I'm getting some slip and you can hear the engine speed varry and see it in the tach and watch it when scanning it goes up and down 75 to 100+ rpm.

Can we change the TCC pressure to fix this like in the 4L60E Min and Max settings for TCC.

I have looked around and couldn't find anything.
    2020 Jeep Trackhawk, Functional Demon Ram Air Hood, AFE CAI, SW Headers, SW Cats, Solo Cat back Exhaust.

I was recently looking through the Tune Repository and saw that one of the tunes for the 6L80 had Base Shift times for TUTD made however I can't seem to find that table anywhere when I look at my tune.

Is this normal? I'm using the Beta version....

Advanced Tuner
    I was recently looking through the Tune Repository and saw that one of the tunes for the 6L80 had Base Shift times for TUTD made however I can't seem to find that table anywhere when I look at my tune.

Which tune/s have it?

I can't remember now....but I'm pretty sure it was a Corvette tune on the Repository. I could see the table and the values but it was in dark grey as though I wouldn't be able to make changes to it. It was weird??

On another note.... When you select Sports Mode I was always under the impression the the trans used Shift Pattern "A" which has designated "Patt1" under the "Shift Properties" tab. The other Shift Pattern (Shift Pattern "B") has designated "Cruise" and was led to believe this Shift Pattern was generally not used.

But then I was performing some logging and found that when I selected Sports Mode the PID indicating what mode I was in was displaying "Cruise". So does the trans use Shift Pattern "A" or "B" when selecting Sports Mode??

07 model cars have an extra table "Base CT Downshift - select." For some reason it doesn't appear in 08 and 09 models
    VE Calais V 6.0L L98 V8 6L80E

Quote Originally Posted by kenny c View Post
    You might try changing the shift torque factor/cold multiplier table on the TM tab in the temp ranges that you are having issues with.

I also noticed that my TCC table is set to only apply the TCC in 3rd gear and above and never unlock it when coming back down to 2nd, only in first. What's the purpose in that? Couldn't I resolve some drivability issues and increase performance by always having it locked in 1st - 3rd and then let it unlock while cruising in 4th for better MPG...or am I missing something here?

Here's my stock TCC table.
    Locking your TC in 1st gear will cause your truck to shudder and stall. Worst case would be a broken input shaft and everything around it! 2nd gear is equally dangerous under 35mph. Allison,ZF, Mopar, and Ford cert. tranny builder and I have seen almost everything. I have been inside the 6L80E and it really isn't anything exotic. It just needs some direction to be a good box. All of the shafts, planetaries,ETC....are quite stout, so if it is tuned well. I don't see reliability issue's.

Just my thoughts.....
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by midevil1 View Post
    Locking your TC in 1st gear will cause your truck to shudder and stall. Worst case would be a broken input shaft and everything around it! 2nd gear is equally dangerous under 35mph. Allison,ZF, Mopar, and Ford cert. tranny builder and I have seen almost everything. I have been inside the 6L80E and it really isn't anything exotic. It just needs some direction to be a good box. All of the shafts, planetaries,ETC....are quite stout, so if it is tuned well. I don't see reliability issue's.

Just my thoughts.....
    Thanks for the thoughts. Always interesting to hear what someone who does trans's as a speciality has to say from their experience.

Does the ZF A6 have anything over the GM A6's?

Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts. Always interesting to hear what someone who does trans's as a speciality has to say from their experience.

Does the ZF A6 have anything over the GM A6's?
    Just that it is Made in Germany. I am not sure we are thinking of the "same" ZF trannies. The ZF's that I build are 80,000.00 US and go in 4 million dollar Liehberr cranes.

Do I need to upgrade or download something to have the options you guys are talking about modding??? I just got my 2.22 on Monday and I don't have any of the options that you guys are speaking of.? Discrete torque manage, Max Volume, ETC....

Did the 07 Yukon Denali's not have some features? Anybody know?
    2023 Ford Edge ST

Advanced Tuner
    Just that it is Made in Germany. I am not sure we are thinking of the "same" ZF trannies. The ZF's that I build are 80,000.00 US and go in 4 million dollar Liehberr cranes.

Do I need to upgrade or download something to have the options you guys are talking about modding??? I just got my 2.22 on Monday and I don't have any of the options that you guys are speaking of.? Discrete torque manage, Max Volume, ETC....

Did the 07 Yukon Denali's not have some features? Anybody know?
    OK! More a reference to BMW ZF's from here. mmmm.....yes Liebherr a little different!

Not sure what 2.22 has in terms of A6 visibility, but 2.23 should give you a bigger view of the T43 than you will ever need.

Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    OK! More a reference to BMW ZF's from here. mmmm.....yes Liebherr a little different!

Not sure what 2.22 has in terms of A6 visibility, but 2.23 should give you a bigger view of the T43 than you will ever need.

2.23!!!! Damn, I bought straight from HP. I guess I just download the latests and greatest version.

Anything made by ZF is top notch. ZF is light years ahead of GM when it comes to trannies, but GM doesn't just build trannies.

CALL ME STUPID BUT I CAN'T FIND VERSION 2.23. Can someone point me in the right direction?
    Last edited by midevil1; 03-25-2009 at 06:50 PM.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

Advanced Tuner
    2.23!!!! Damn, I bought straight from HP. I guess I just download the latests and greatest version.

Anything made by ZF is top notch.

ZF is light years ahead of GM when it comes to trannies, but GM doesn't just build trannies.

CALL ME STUPID BUT I CAN'T FIND VERSION 2.23. Can someone point me in the right direction?
    Light years....that's a long way. But true enough, GMPT does build engines AND trannies.

And there is a BMW model somewhere that has a GM A6 in it.

If I recall correctly, you need to go and create a login with your serial number on the HPT site, and then you can U/G to 2.23.