Thread: Transmission shift issues

Potential Tuner

Transmission shift issues

I'm new here (well, as far as posting)

I have a 98' c5 A4 with H/C, Procharger and minus MAF.
    The car was tuned and recently had to replace the 3rd Level V trans from a reputible bulder and added a with a Vigilate 3200 Stall.

2 weeks ago, I took the car out and it wouldn't go into 3rd without reving up to about 4K RPM's. After putting in the new tranny, I am having issues when going from 2nd gear. It feels like it goes from 1st to 2nd and to 3rd too early, then feels like it shifts back to 2nd.

I just had the fluid checked and it is good to go...
    I am not sure if it is a TCC lockup or something else we missed in the trans tune. Could someone take a look at the tune posted and see where the issue is? Also, if there are some enhancements to the trans tables, it would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Keith

I'm a total newbie when it comes to tuning... but...

Try this... Under transmision - Auto TCC - "TCC apply / release speed" Normal & Performance , the 2nd apply and 2nd release should be maximum mph.

So in your case every box across from 2nd Apply and 2nd Release should be 235-236, just look at your HOT & CRUISE 2nd apply & 2nd release speed , the 2nd Apply and 2nd Release in NORMAL & PERFORMANCE should be all the same like it is in the CRUISE & HOT

Besides the Normal - Cruise & Perf. is the RELEASE and that is all OK (reads 100% in every box)

and why is the shiftlock enabled? why have the tcc locked during shifts?

I'm comparing your tables to a 2000 4L60-E btw, (and mine 98 fwd 4T65-E)

Also under Auto shift speed, the "Performance" Part throttle shift is all maxed out? if you have a performance mode on your tranny that would mean it will not shift at any throttle position untill it reaches your desired shift RPM... if you don't have a performance shift mode or button then it doesn't matter...

aslo I noticed your "full throttle speed" is very low for 1-2 & 2-3....example, at full throttle my tranny shifts from first to second at about 50mph, you have your's at 37? I have mine set at 47.... and my full throttle 2-3 shift happens at 95mph and I have it set at 92, yours is set at 71? it all depands how fast your engine revs so I'm only making a observation.... and at the same time as long as the "mph full throttle shifts" are set at a lower mph that they actually occur then it shouldn't matter because the tranny will not shift untill your desired RPM, but you don't wanna set them to a higher mph than it actually shifts.