Thread: Trans shift/TCC lockup vs engine load

Tuner in Training

Trans shift/TCC lockup vs engine load

Using Tunercat where I used to work, I found a table for my 99TA with shift MPH and lockup MPH vs engine load, but I've been unable to locate anything like that in the HPtuners software. Am I missing something? I'm having problems with my light throttle shifts. I think it's due to the 4000 stall converter and the lack of engine load at light throttle. I don't want to see lockup in 4th gear until at least 60MPH and I've set the part throttle shift table accordingly, but lockup occurs near 45mph. All other shifts occur early too.
    -Travis&&99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4- 11.888 @ 113.57&&

Tuner in Training

Arrow

You should have a table that looks similar to the attached that controls your convertor lock up based on ground speed. You should be able to do what you want with this table.

Note that there are relationships between this table and your shift speed table. For instance, you do not want your TCC lockup speed for 3rd gear to be under your 3-4 shift speed. Otherwise, you'll car will go from 2 to 3, then 3 to TC lock, then TC lock to open, then 3-4, then 4 to TCC lock. When you really want 2-3, then 3-4, then 4-lock.

Hope this helps!
    Scott Braemer
    2000 NHRA Trans Am - LS1
    2006 Trailblazer SS - LS2
    2008 GMC Sierra Denali - L92