Thread: Deceleration Enleanment

Senior Tuner

Question Deceleration Enleanment

Can the transition from DE to normal operation be increased with HPT? Mine kicks back in to normal cruise very low.
    Is it the "Dissable RefCount limit" that controlls this under "Decel Enlean"?

Paul

Senior Tuner
    Anyone had to work with this yet? My idle is set to 950 because of a 229 duration cam (DFCO seems to pull the car to about 300RPM before it let's the car return to normal cruise) and I can't see what else would control this, so if you know, or have an idea.....

My idea here is: the ref count is now at 6 and I was wondering if I lower this to 3 or so, would this make the DFCO cut out sooner(allowing the normal cruise to return at a higher RPM)?
    Last edited by MMGT1; 03-29-2008 at 03:33 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    You are talking about coming to a stop, right? I'm not real sure what your asking. You said the idle drops to 300 RPM before picking back up? What do you mean about normal cruise, driving down the road?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to understand what you're asking. I've been interested in playing with some of the decel tables myself, but haven't had the chance. I do know if you set your ref count limit to 0 you will disable decel enlean
    -Eddie

1998 GTP - 3.4 [3.2] [3.0] MPS - custom CAI - F.1 Ram Air hood - XP Cam - Ported Heads - 1.84/1.60 Si valves - 1.6 HS Roller Rockers - 72mm Ported TB - LQ4 MAF - 42.5# Lucas Injectors - Pacesetters
    1/4 PB - 13.025 @ 106.81 MPH w/ 2.069 60'
    2021 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8 Baby Duramax

Senior Tuner
    Yes, coming to a stop. Normal cruise is when enleanment deactivates, returning normal fuel delivery and spark.

Tuner in Training
    Eddie, what happens when it is deactivated? Ive done very slight alterations to the 3.8 GTP with your table thingy(decel enlean vs tps). I slightly raised the number in each column, and if anything I think it made me leaner during decel.

Does HPT have the ability to change the enleanment tables and ve table for deceleration etc?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by load97
    Eddie, what happens when it is deactivated? Ive done very slight alterations to the 3.8 GTP with your table thingy(decel enlean vs tps). I slightly raised the number in each column, and if anything I think it made me leaner during decel.
    I haven't played with these tables much, so I really can't give you a good explanation - sorry I believe there is another thread about the decel enleanment tables floating around here somewhere. I believe Perferator started that thread, but I may be mistaken.

Does HPT have the ability to change the enleanment tables and ve table for deceleration etc?
    Yes they do!!
    -Eddie

1998 GTP - 3.4 [3.2] [3.0] MPS - custom CAI - F.1 Ram Air hood - XP Cam - Ported Heads - 1.84/1.60 Si valves - 1.6 HS Roller Rockers - 72mm Ported TB - LQ4 MAF - 42.5# Lucas Injectors - Pacesetters
    1/4 PB - 13.025 @ 106.81 MPH w/ 2.069 60'
    2021 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8 Baby Duramax

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the info.

Senior Tuner
    OK, would really like to clean this one up. My car uses so little throttle at cruse speed that it is activating Enleanment when I really dont want it. I don't want to dissable the function all together, but would like to make it "a little harder for the car to go into DFCO". I think I would need to increase the time factor of the TPS change.
    Problem is, Decel Enlean Enable TPS Delta is a % table, would one increase this table or decrease it to make it a little harder for for the car to go into DFCO?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
    OK, would really like to clean this one up. My car uses so little throttle at cruse speed that it is activating Enleanment when I really dont want it. I don't want to dissable the function all together, but would like to make it "a little harder for the car to go into DFCO". I think I would need to increase the time factor of the TPS change.
    Problem is, Decel Enlean Enable TPS Delta is a % table, would one increase this table or decrease it to make it a little harder for for the car to go into DFCO?
    Mentioned this in anoher thread or two on other forums, note that DFCO is not the same as Decel Enleanment. Are the injectors actually being turned off (0 IPW)? That is DFCO.

Actual Decel Enleanment is very very fast and as difficult to pinpoint in a scan as looking for Acceleration Enrichment.
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.

Senior Tuner
    Yea, they go to 0 and timing goes to 20* solid. Around town is not an issue at all, it is at constant hwy speed that it is happening, crusing at 110 or above. At 110kms I only see 1-3% tps if that helps

Advanced Tuner
    Then ignore the "Decel Enleanment" settings you see in HPT or elsewhere. You are looking at the DFCO cut off. Focus on those settings available that reference it, if you have access to any.
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.

Senior Tuner
    Looks like Im S.O.L on this one then, all I have are DE and DE modifier tables.

Sounds like a job for Tiny Tuner.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by passingpower View Post
    Sounds like a job for Tiny Tuner.
    .... hahahhaaa it took me three years to even begin to understand this one! I have read a lot of posts about the "tiny tuner" but I would not know where to even begin with it.

Nothing to it! Not very different from HPT - less graphs but... It unlocks all the tables. DFCO, Perf. Shift. Open loop fueling just to name a few. You'd need to start with a .bin file. I asked around. eddie98 can fill in the details. Reading your other posts here for some years... You are ready for Tiny Tuner.

Advanced Tuner
    yeah, tt is an option. I have most of the stock calibration files in bin form too.. But you are taking a risk on your own with trying to make HPT happy with a starting file in bin format. Not taking any credit for wasted license credits or anything like that.