Thread: The "Other" Company Has Auto Tune

The "Other" Company Has Auto Tune

2000 GMC 2500 2-bar SD
    Stock LM7, LTs, TBSS intake manifold

Nice...but I see no cable. Bluetooth?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You guys do understand thats for guitars right? lol
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

IS that a GM or FORD Guitars XTLP 500.............

I need to tune a Fender that is similar but totally different. Does it do body work too?
    Always Support Our Troops!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    What's a "guitar"? Is it something in the transmission?

I should have put this link up first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WetVXbYRfWk
    Pretty soon, HP Tuner will be the only product that doesn't offer some kind of auto-tune.
    2000 GMC 2500 2-bar SD

Auto tune will put alot of ppl out of business.... and make tuning boring

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Where did you get an idea like that? That might be the case if everybody who needs a tune bought HP Tuners, but I think no matter how easy the tuning process is made, people will still pay to have their car tuned. In every walk of life, the majority of the people would rather pay an expert than buy the tool(s) needed to do the job. In my opinion.
    2000 GMC 2500 2-bar SD

Yeah but once the word got out that buying a tool such as HP Tuners would be able to auto tune in the vehicle perfectly, no matter what mods, headers, cam, heads, forced induction, I'm sure 1000s would be lining up to get the product...

So many ppl ask me to help teach them to use the program over my side. I tell them no chance! It took me 3 years to understand what I do today, and I'm not just gonna give it away.. Ppl want to tune, but don't know how, Autotune would deffinately increase sales in HPT's but i'm sure decrease them elsewhere.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

I think that it is a given at this point that the guys just are not capable of providing autotune. I mean it has been so long in the "coming in a future release" phase that you have to feel that the capability doesn't exist, or at least not with the current staff at HPTuners. They would probably need to hire someone from the competition which already offers autotune. Even without autotune, it is still a pretty good product.
    02 Camaro Vert SS

Quote Originally Posted by mediumrareintexas
    I think that it is a given at this point that the guys just are not capable of providing autotune. I mean it has been so long in the "coming in a future release" phase that you have to feel that the capability doesn't exist, or at least not with the current staff at HPTuners. They would probably need to hire someone from the competition which already offers autotune. Even without autotune, it is still a pretty good product.
    that's not true, we have the autotune feature spec'd out for a while now. It's not difficult just we have had so many other more important things to do.

If you think autotune is gonna tune your car for you or make it idiot proof to tune a car then think again. In capable hands it will save you a small amount of time, thats about it.

I mean seriously are you actually gonna use autotune to run the spark up until the knock sensors report knock? I don't think so... Is it going to automatically disable torque management for you? no.

Are you going to use it to tune the MAF or VE table? probably... how much time will it save you compared to using your finger on a button in RTT or using histograms and copy/paste special? maybe a few minutes.

Autotune is not a panacea, is it useful but just like RTT it is not going to allow you to unplug your brain and cut your tuning time from an hour to 5 minutes.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    I completely agree with Chris here! Hell even with RTT, I rarely use it, maybe just to impress a customer or if I have a situation where RTT could facilitate the tuning process (idle tuning 99+ vehicles). Most bolt on cars and some cam cars I can tune in about 2 hours (including time to install and allow the engine to cool off to remove my wideband) using the conventional way (log, edit, flash, repeat). I am extremely satisfied with HPT as it is.

By the way: I would love to have the auto tune from "that" other competitor, would be a nice 1st B-day gift for my son.

Yeah, I could care less for auto tune. It is not like it takes long to tune a car anyway and it is not fool proof.

I would rather other things...

So what, HPT is the only one that doesn't offer it, at least you can tune more cars. What would you rather?
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Senior Tuner

Any good musician can hear the note and nail the tune without one of those

-Ken

Advanced Tuner
    Dam it , i thought it was that i was wearing the wrong type of trench coat for flashing in the tune that was the problem .

Quote Originally Posted by Arron
    Dam it , i thought it was that i was wearing the wrong type of trench coat for flashing in the tune that was the problem .
    wooh, im glad to here that, i was begining to think i was a weirdo for tuning naked...............
    98 Z28m6,ramVDS,lakewood LCA,sphon SFC,NOS 125shot,HPtuned LQ4.045milled heads,224/228 581/588 comp cam,fast toys lid,ported 85maf,ls6 intake,long tubes with custom exhaust

Nothing is foolproof. Autotune, of course, is not foolproof. Would it save time, yes. It would save more time for some than it would for others. I have seen posts on this forum from HPTuners which said that Autotune was hard to do but when it was done, it would be done correctly. Now Chris seems to be saying that Autotune is a simple thing. If it's so freaking simple, then just do it and stop dancing around. Then my friend who has Autotune, can stop kicking my ass because I don't!
    02 Camaro Vert SS

Tuner
    110% true

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    that's not true, we have the autotune feature spec'd out for a while now. It's not difficult just we have had so many other more important things to do.

If you think autotune is gonna tune your car for you or make it idiot proof to tune a car then think again. In capable hands it will save you a small amount of time, thats about it.

I mean seriously are you actually gonna use autotune to run the spark up until the knock sensors report knock? I don't think so... Is it going to automatically disable torque management for you? no.

Are you going to use it to tune the MAF or VE table? probably... how much time will it save you compared to using your finger on a button in RTT or using histograms and copy/paste special? maybe a few minutes.

Autotune is not a panacea, is it useful but just like RTT it is not going to allow you to unplug your brain and cut your tuning time from an hour to 5 minutes.

Chris...
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A

Tuner
    Can I get file support for a Ibanez RGA Prestige and a 72 Strat with updated Lace Holy Grail pickups? I sent in my scan file...
    2015 Chevy Silverado Z71 LTZ 6.2 A8
    1974 GMC Super 1500 (5.3, LS9 cam, Ebay Long Tubes, 3" stainless duals, Summit 3" stainless welded mufflers, dumps, 4L65E Monster Transmission)