Thread: EGR disable...

Tuner in Training

EGR disable...

i have the typical OBD2 emmission test where they just plug into the diagnostic port. No visual inspection. If i were to just click the egr disable, would this throw a code to their "reader"? Or could I just set the enable and disable mph to like 202 and 200 since I would never reach those speeds, and in theory, their "reader" would still see that the computer is awaiting those parameters? Same thing with the air pump disable coolant temp. What should i put that to so I can remove it without throwing an SES light. Thanks

Chris

Tuner

Re: EGR disable...

I am having the same issue. I have a 2000 Z28 and removed the EGR when I put the LS6 intake on. I disabled it in General and set both the speeds to 0. I still get a code that says it cannot read the voltage. How do you totally disable?

Thanks,

Kane

Tuner in Training

I was having a problem getting mine inspected, the car kept reporting "not ready" on a bunch of things, and if it had more than 2, it would fail inspection. I wen and turned off every DTC to "3-no error reported" and ses enabled off and it passed, didn't even sniff the exhaust or anything, guess the cats are coming off.....

Tuner

I finally figured this out also. Still learning...

Kane

Quote Originally Posted by keving
    I was having a problem getting mine inspected, the car kept reporting "not ready" on a bunch of things, and if it had more than 2, it would fail inspection. I wen and turned off every DTC to "3-no error reported" and ses enabled off and it passed, didn't even sniff the exhaust or anything, guess the cats are coming off.....