Thread: ltft tuning newbie question

Tuner in Training

ltft tuning newbie question

I did some scanningf and need to adjust my ltft's down in the negs, kinda confused as to what table I adjust to get these down. I tried multiplying the MAF airflow vs frequency (maf calibration) in the airflow section, and it doesn't look like it made any change. Is this the correct table and if not, what table is the correct one?

Re: ltft tuning newbie question

First use the spread sheet I posted. Put the MAF tables back to stock, LTFT should be adjusted via IFR tables. Reflash your MAF/IFR tables to stock and pull the PCM fuses to reset your LTFT, drive for a good 20-30 miles after the reset before doing the following procedure. This is the correct method:

1. IF you have stock injectors skip step 1 on the spread sheet.

2.a Log two 5 minute sessions of driving. 1 session should be cruise and mild acceleration. The second session should be city driving with moderate acceleration less than 1/3 throttle. No WOT in either session.

2.b Copy your LTFT colums from your export data to the spread sheet, and adjust it so that it averages your columns. You will end up with two averages, one part throttle and one moderate.

2.c Copy your current IFR table to the spreadsheet

2.d You should see the suggested new values. Copy them to the editor and flash them. Reset your LTFT's and repeat. Your goal is to average -3 to -6 for your LTFTs.

See post on PCM Hard reset procedure, to reset LTFT's

Tuner in Training

I got the spreadsheet, and understand the basic premis, but where is the IFR table, is it called something else?

IFR = Injector Flow Rate Table, it's on the fueling tab.

Tuner in Training

ah, I see now. thanks.....

Tuner in Training

Same question is this the "Injector Flow Rate vs KPA VAC" table?

So many questions so little time. Thanks.

Tom
    The toys:&&&&

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWS6LS1
    Same question is this the "Injector Flow Rate vs KPA VAC" table?

So many questions so little time. Thanks.

Tom
    Yep. that's what I used.
    2002 Trans Am 6sp, Hurst shifter, short stick,
    !skip shift, SLP lid, Holley filter, Dynomax Ultraflow muffler, Jet Hot long tubes and cats, FRA, HP tuners, Hotchkis STB and LCAs. TEA stage 1.5 5.3 heads, Comp 220/224 114 +2, UMI Boxed SFCs