Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $100 to anyone who can give me the right.....

have you checked your fuel pressure?
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Quote Originally Posted by D1sc_T/A
    Ok, I followed the help file for the 2 bar again, I also checked to make sure that the maf cal is at 0, maf fail high is at 0 maf is unpluged the IFR table is a 1.000 all the way across
    Setting the IFR to 1.00 is totally incorrect, use 60. Post the tune your now using.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    Setting the IFR to 1.00 is totally incorrect, use 60. Post the tune your now using.

Russ Kemp

Maybe I am not looking at the right spot what is the exact location of the IFR. The Tune I am using now is above. That is a 2 bar that I just did
    99 T/A-TH400-d1sc w/4.0 pulley-FMIC-60lb injectors-3500 stall-Meth-Typhoon Intake-2 bar MAP-boost activated fuel pressure regulator-rail pressure 55psi-return system

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
    have you checked your fuel pressure?

Fuel pressure is at 58psi while cranking
    99 T/A-TH400-d1sc w/4.0 pulley-FMIC-60lb injectors-3500 stall-Meth-Typhoon Intake-2 bar MAP-boost activated fuel pressure regulator-rail pressure 55psi-return system

Advanced Tuner
    Replace your battery or make sure it is fully charged. I dunno, but 9v cranks aint gonna do much. I think the PCM won't fire if it falls below a certain voltage.

FWIW, I had identical problem stock. Battery was fugged. Try it and see.

Tuner in Training
    I literally just put a brand new battery in and it still would not fire. Then I went and got it checked and it was perfect. so they charged it the little bit that it needed and it still would not fire.

Today I pulled the whole harness off the car. At first visual inspection there is nothing wrong with it. I am going to take the looms off one by one and see if there are any broken wires underneath.

Tuner in Training
    yes I did change the plugs, It did not change anything. I believe that it may be the PCM it self. I am trying to find a 99 PCM as we speack!

Looking at the Map Kpa while cranking, I'm thinking that the cats are plugged. 96 Kpa means that there is no vacuum. I've had cars towed into my shop that the customer said was running the day before. Doing all the normal no start tests; spark, fuel pressure, injector pulse, compression test etc.

Then I hooked a vacuum gauge to the intake manifold, then cranked the engine. This proved that there was no vacuum (throttle closed). Then I removed one of the front O2 sensors & installed a exhaust pressure gauge. Found out that the cats were plugged. Just by removing the exhaust gauge, the car would then start!

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    How much fuel would it be flowing with 60lb injectors with the injector pulse width at 25-27ms for five or six seconds ?

a lot lol
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    Looking at the Map Kpa while cranking, I'm thinking that the cats are plugged. 96 Kpa means that there is no vacuum. I've had cars towed into my shop that the customer said was running the day before. Doing all the normal no start tests; spark, fuel pressure, injector pulse, compression test etc.

Then I hooked a vacuum gauge to the intake manifold, then cranked the engine. This proved that there was no vacuum (throttle closed). Then I removed one of the front O2 sensors & installed a exhaust pressure gauge. Found out that the cats were plugged. Just by removing the exhaust gauge, the car would then start!

Russ Kemp

I do not have cats litteraly the only thing that could be blocking anything is the resonator on my Loudmouth exhaust!

Tuner in Training
    I can pull both 02 bungs and see what happens I guess. Not that hard. I will let you know what I find out!

try this file..i have increased the inj offset values.. i had the same problem with my car when i installed the 60# and the 2 bar os the car didnt start with the stock offset values..untill i increased the values the car started fine and ran great just give it a try your offset table is too low you could be too lean when you try to start the car

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuchlik
    My cousin had a '99 silverado that did something similar to this one time. He turned it off, went into store, and when he came back out it wouldn't start.

Had spark and fuel pressure but wouldn't start.

Turned out to be something with the security system disabling the injectors.
    This was very common problem on the 99 GM's my Yukon had it, sounds stupid but the dealer never figured it out.
    10 Minute Learn Procedure

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
    2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON, vehicle will not start.
    3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
    4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
    5. The vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock™ Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
    Last edited by lil goat; 12-26-2007 at 01:57 PM.

Lightbulb

This may not even be close, and you may have checked it already, but...

What about the fuses under the hood?

I had a problem with a 90's ford that was just one of the LARGE fuses...

Replaced it and BAM, it started

HTH
    2004 GTP Comp-G | DHP PowrTuner | ZZP MPS 3.4 & 3.2 | Ceramic Coated Pace Setter Headers w/ 3" Downpipe & Cat Delete | ZZP Shift Kit | Poly Trans & Motor Mounts | AeroForce Dual Interceptor Scan Gauges | Underdrive Water Pump Pulley | 180° T-Stat | TB Spacer | TB Heat Shield | K&N Drop-in Filter | 110% Gutted Air-Box | TR6IX Iridium Plugs | 8.5mm MSD (red) Spark Plug Wires | Extra Alternator Wire (Direct Route)

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Legal
    try this file..i have increased the inj offset values.. i had the same problem with my car when i installed the 60# and the 2 bar os the car didnt start with the stock offset values..untill i increased the values the car started fine and ran great just give it a try your offset table is too low you could be too lean when you try to start the car

I will try this tune as soon as I can. Currently I am not around the car so I am not able to do so. But I will see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by FastKatt
    This may not even be close, and you may have checked it already, but...

What about the fuses under the hood?

I had a problem with a 90's ford that was just one of the LARGE fuses...

Replaced it and BAM, it started

HTH
    I check after everytime I start the car to make sure that I have not blown a fuse! I do not have any blown fuses or relays at all!

Tuner
    Do a compression test. I once worked on a car with the same problem they drove it in but it would never start again, I got it running with new plugs and by squirting oil in the cylinders to help seal up the rings a little but latter when it cooled down it had the same problem again. I don't remember how low the compression was but all cylinders where way low.
    2020 Jeep Trackhawk, Functional Demon Ram Air Hood, AFE CAI, SW Headers, SW Cats, Solo Cat back Exhaust.