Thread: need help where do I start?

Potential Tuner

need help where do I start?

I have a 03 silverado ss with these mods, volant air intake, 3k stall, stage 2 heads with 10.5 to 1 comp., 224/558/114 cam and 30# injectors out of a 8.1 motor, asm headers, no cats, and magnaflow. I am new to doing tuning where should I start and does anyone have a file with close to the same mods I could look at. Thanks Tony

Tuner

Re: need help where do I start?

Tony,

Has anyone tuned that truck at all yet? If not, those injectors and the IFR, Injector Flow rate is what I would start with. You can use the standard logging with Scanner and see what your LTFTs are... Plug them into the tiggerfan page for online excel work. You can do a search in this section to find the URL I'm talking about.

If you are postive, which I doubt since you went up in Injector size with no tuning, then you want to lower the numbers in the IFR table, if you are below -6 or so, then I would raise the numbers in small increments... like multiplying the whole table by 1.02 or .98 or so.

Hope this helps. I've seen you on SilveradoSS.com Congrats on the HPTuners software. Make small changes... then log the heck out of it. Always save the original so it can't get changed and when you get close, save it again in a new name. I have 25 or more files with names that help know what I changed and what I was working on.
    Because it must be Brent!&&\'05 FORD F-250 Diesel, baby

Potential Tuner

I am changing to 30# injectors with the heads and cam install. I havn't recieved my hptuners yet it has been 8 days now, how long does it take. Thanks Tony

Tuner in Training

The excel chart he's talking about is here:
    http://www.tiggerfan.net/ltft.php
    Something I've been doing when creating new log files is numbering them (yyyymmdd tttt)

YYYY = year
    MM = month
    DD = Day
    tttt = 24 hour time

Then, after the file is saved, you can right click on it, select properties then under the summary tab there is a comments box where you can type anything you want. That's where I put my info about what has changed for that file. Seems to work well and in the future, when you hover your mouse over the file in windows explorer, it will pop up the first line or so of your comments. You can also change your windows explorer view format to "details" then add a column for "comments" so you can see all the comments when you open that folder.

Just a thought