Thread: Scanner connection issues

Tuner in Training

Scanner connection issues

I've been having some problems while logging where I lose the connection while driving and can't get it back unless I start a new log. I have the MPVI Pro box. I've tried using different usb ports on my computer to no avail. I also ordered a new grey usb cable. I haven't had any problems while logging with just the memory in the interface box, although I do that less often.

Are there any common problems pertaining to this?
    Any suggestions on fixing it?

Thanks.

Brian

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Starting with a new usb cable is a good start.

Also try using a different laptops usb ports to see if one of your serial ports is going on you.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Bill,
    I'm having similar issues, EVERY time I start the scanner or editor I have to click help/hp icon to verify licensing, sometimes I have to pull the usb cable and plug it back in, once I do that I can use whichever (scan/edit) I just verified, then when I switch I have to do it all over again. I have tried all 4 ports on my laptop (which is only a year old) and it is the same for each. Surely this isn't normal. Is there a setting or something that may be off?

Hugh

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    Starting with a new usb cable is a good start.

Also try using a different laptops usb ports to see if one of your serial ports is going on you.

-Bill

I tried both of those (in initial post) but I still have the problem. It's not necessarily a regular problem. I always have editor open as well and I'm running maf rtt custom OS. I just wanted to know if there were any common problems with this.
    It may just be that the laptop moves ever so slightly and that severs the connection. Although when it tries to reconnect, even moving the wires and such, it has never reconnected. I always have to start logging over.

Tuner in Training
    Any more ideas on this? I had the problem again today. I don't think it's a physical connection issue. When it loses connection all I do is hit esc for it to stop retrying then space bar to start a new log and it works until it decides to crap out again.

I was having the same issues. Now they are getting worse. Now I cannot connect at all. I have tried 2 different laptops and bought a new USB cable. I have tried several vehicles. If it connects it only lasts for a few seconds then says cannot connect to interface.

Any fixes for this?