Thread: I can't use high speed flash

Tuner

I can't use high speed flash

Ok I don't know when this started, somewhere in the last 6 months as I have not made any changes to the 04 silverado till last week.

When I try high speed ( as i have in the past) it fails, either times out or fails toerase when doing a flash calibration only. Works OK if I uncheck the highspeed block.
    2004 Chevy 1500 CC 5.3L 2000 Pontiac GA 3.4L 1995 Pontiac TA LT1 1997 Camaro 3.8L

Did you change out the stereo system from factory since your last tune? If so that could be it. I've had enless headaches from aftermarket stereos (and alarms!).
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Did you change out the stereo system from factory since your last tune? If so that could be it. I've had enless headaches from aftermarket stereos (and alarms!).

Well I did remove the XM unit and put a Sirius unit in , both where attached to the factory head unit, if this is it I hope HP can fix this, but so far I have not heard from them.
    2004 Chevy 1500 CC 5.3L 2000 Pontiac GA 3.4L 1995 Pontiac TA LT1 1997 Camaro 3.8L

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rckrzy1
    Well I did remove the XM unit and put a Sirius unit in , both where attached to the factory head unit, if this is it I hope HP can fix this, but so far I have not heard from them.
    HP can't fix this. It's a problem with the Sirius receiver not shutting up when it's told to. Pull the radio fuse before you flash and all should be good.

Tim
    GM World Class Technician
    ASE Master Auto Technician
    L1 Certification
    2001 Silverado 6.0L Swap

^^ Tried and true solution...
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bullygoat
    HP can't fix this. It's a problem with the Sirius receiver not shutting up when it's told to. Pull the radio fuse before you flash and all should be good.

Tim

OK, now that makes sense.