Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Redline/GXP owners step inside

I seem to get limp mode with the westers tune and an MBC if I stay WOT for a long period of time (2 or 3 gears), it also randomly decides it doesnt want to go and kills power. Set to 24 psi via the MBC.
    2011 Camaro SS. LS3/630rwhp n/a

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    well thats not fun!

It's like that 80's wendy's commercial-
    Where's The Beef?

I got a bun, cheese, pickles lettuce onions- but no hamburger.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm betting that one has to do with COT.

Every now and then you can catch the PCM with it's pants down for about 3-4 seconds and you can tell the car will be really strong when The chastity belt is finally removed.
    There will be more than enough torque present for those nice STS-V 3.23's I want.

Figured it out - the intake pipe wasn't 100% in the coupler at the turbo and found a small vacuum leak. Unmetered air + vacuum leak = bad things can happen. Runs like a champ now
    2011 Camaro SS. LS3/630rwhp n/a

Potential Tuner
    Is there a list of things that can be monitored and logged with HPT on a 08 Sky Redline?

Kendall

Give this config a try

Potential Tuner
    Well, I'm putting off purchasing until there are more available tables so I can't read your config file. I tried notepad, but it is too garbled to read easily. Let me ask another way: I notice several of you guys are using a Dash Hawk to log/monitor things. What can HPT NOT log/display that requires the use of a Dash Hawk?

Thanks!

So with a DashHawk you can read the OEM WideBand O2. Why you can't do that with HPTuners is beyond me. With HPTuners you can read IAT2 (post intercooler temp) but you can't read that with a DashHawk. Again why you can't do that with a DashHawk is beyond me as well.

What you end up with is using one to see some things and the other to see different things and you can't get the whole picture all at once from the same run ... PIA if you ask me but then what are you going to do ...

Advanced Tuner
    BETA! BETA! BETA!
    He chants whilst dancing around a methanol fire (Or is he in it? You cant tell!), ringin' the ceremonial flywheel with a enchanted piston slung from the holy connecting rod of 10second passes

Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com
    BETA! BETA! BETA!
    He chants whilst dancing around a methanol fire (Or is he in it? You cant tell!), ringin' the ceremonial flywheel with a enchanted piston slung from the holy connecting rod of 10second passes
    And the dance looks like this?

Advanced Tuner
    Sort of , but you raise your knees up high cause your dancing in a colorless fire.....

Tuner in Training
    I joined this forum to say I will NOT buy HP tuners for ANY car (even though I'm dying to do it) untill the editor is completed to my satisfaction for my 08 redline. I have the BSR PPC getting me [email protected] in the 1/4 for now (all else stock), but that will only hold me for a matter of time. I'm already getting impatient...

And another one joins the wait ...

I was filpping through the tables yesterday to see what was/wasn't opened up. Can't believe they didn't even open up the fan controls.

This kind of stuff is why I went to a Tec3 standalone for my Pontiac Sunfire and boy am I glad I did.

I was thinking about selling my HPT but they said they were going to support the Sol/Sky and my Duramax. And knowing I was going to pickup a Sky at some future point I kept it.

It would be nice if as much attention was paid other platforms as is the LSblah,blah blah.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I was filpping through the tables yesterday to see what was/wasn't opened up. Can't believe they didn't even open up the fan controls.
    From what we can tell its not in the pcm which is why they aren't in the editor. If they aren't there theres no way to add them.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    So it has a seperate fan controller? Or is it perhaps as simple as a thermistor/relay setup.
    Fans arent much of a concern for me. 200 is fine.

Ya'll know what I want... a reason for some new valvetrain.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com
    So it has a seperate fan controller? Or is it perhaps as simple as a thermistor/relay setup.
    Fans arent much of a concern for me. 200 is fine.

Ya'll know what I want... a reason for some new valvetrain.
    This was the info our engineer gave me when asked about the fan parameters

i don't know if the ECM controls the fans or the speedo/speedlimiter on these vehicles. if it's not there then it wasn't obvious for that cal. Some cals do control it i know that for sure but others have those values missing.
    The biggest problem with the bosch controller code is that not much is "obvious" lol which makes adding parameters very time consuming, however if it was there we probably would've found it since fan temps are usually one of the main things we try and put in for initial support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Bump to encourage the finding of the not so obvious...

Advanced Tuner
    and the much desired....

Advanced Tuner
    Bill what have the engineers you have found out about how the code is written in reguards to the MAP value? Is it going to be possible to change the sensor for something that has a little more range?