Thread: corrupted files?

Tuner in Training

corrupted files?

I had a car come in that orginally had an MTI tune and they had made some changes and wanted me to brush it up. This car idled like ass. I did an OLSD on it and it would not hold a steady idle with anything more than 16* of timing. In gear, my RAF table was twice that of park...STITs showed the car wanted it. In the middle of tuning, we find out it has a blown headgasket, so we get into it and it turns out the crank is broken, etc... This car was screwed. I attributed all the tuning problems to this.

We get a new LSX'd 427 for it with a 25x/26x cam ,etc... I start to tune and it is acting the same way. It isn't holding an idle...wants tons of RAF in drive and gets to where it wouldn't even idle. The car has a FAST WB in it, it is all over the place..rich one second....lean the next. I was getting worried....as I had done about all that I know to.

For shits, I shoot another 99 file in there, do a base tune, OLSD, and it fires right off and idles at 800rpm's like a charm. I did some tuning today and its doing "normal" now.

Has anyone ever had a corrupted file? That is about the only conclusion I can come to.

Scott

Tuner
    I experienced a corrupt file on 05 Silverado, the culprit was a after market stereo.
    Fix = pull radio fuse, write entire stock tune, then begin with the radio fuse out until final flash.

chris

what was the deal with the broken crank?