Thread: p1811

Tuner

p1811

I am getting either intermittent harsh shift or slippage until operating temperature is reached from 1 > 2. I have a 3.4L 2003 Impala with a 4T65e trans.
    I have 88k miles, filter and fluid have never been changed. Have done a few WOTs and broke the tires loose for about 10 seconds at a light by stomping on the gas, that is about it.
    I read a story awhile ago about some or all Fords use the MAF to aproximate when to shift and cleaning the MAF corrected sort of a shift scenario possibly like mine. I have also included my latest hpt file I flashed . Could it be my tune, burnt cluth plates, solenoid, engine controls ????
    I have no ideas

oops I am on my pc, need to switch over to my notebook to send the hpt file
    Last edited by v i k i ng; 07-23-2007 at 08:57 PM. Reason: to upload hpt file

I could of had a V8

Your file is tuner locked.

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    yeah, I guess I just learned something new. I assumed that tuner locked meant that the file once in the PCM could not be edited or read. I did not know it affected the hpt file once downloaded. Well darn, I will not be able to Download till the weekend.... any thoughts on the subject ? Maybe some setting to check . ... could capture a screen shot of some of the settings, or should I just wait.

I could of had a V8

This code and your conditions are very common with the 4T65E trans and is commonly a bad PCS solenoid, though there could be a number of things causing this code. This can be verified with a pressure gauge on the trans and using a scanner to change line pressure, or a trans shop could also check this out.

Tuner
    Thanks trannyman95. Yeah, GM has a TSB out on P1811. I am shopping the Impala on Monday at a trans shop. In the TSB GM backs up what you said as the most likely, the pcs valve. So tell me is there an after market pcs that is better then the OEM one ?
    I beleive the trans has to be removed to replace the PCS ?
    Should they replace any other components while they are working on the trans ?
    What should it cost aprox to have the pcs replaced. ?
    Any other suggestions ?

One last question. Is it bad for an auto trans to spin your wheels. What happend was onetime in the rain at a light a truck almost ramed me I had to do a wot from a stand still and going from standstill to second with the wheels spinning. I also found that the tcc was set to lock and unlock in second ( or was it first) gear, usually OEM and most tunes I have seen TCC for second gear was set to 255. So I guess the question is a two parter ... is it bad to spin your wheels AND did having TCC set to lock unlock in second damage my trans.
    Last edited by v i k i ng; 07-27-2007 at 05:32 PM.

I could of had a V8

Tuner in Training
    same issues here with an 04 impala... if gm has a tsb on it... isnt it a free fix?
    The SuperSlow Truck of MC-E
    -01 4.8L Silverado 13.2@99
    -- musclecarevolution.com

RIP Corey Shadd Burchfield -- On AIM: ITLStallion04

Tuner
    A tsb is a technical service bulletin, not a recall or campaign. It's basically a helper to technicians. The pcs has been the general fix although cleaning the valve body has been recommended or replacing it. No, the tranny does not need to come out.
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!