Thread: How to tune VE with an A4????

Tuner

How to tune VE with an A4????

There is alot of good information on how to tune the VE tables when you have an M6 mafless, but what if you have an auto. My LTFT's are sometimes buried at +25.
    Someone help
    Victor&&99 T/A WS6 &&TEA 5.3 heads, 224, .581 112, Mac Mids, ORY, SLP Loudmouth, SLP Flowpac, ASP pulley, BMR PHB, LCA\'s w/relos., SFC\'s, Vig 3600 w/ 4L65E,deep pan, B&M transpak, Hayden trans cooler

Advanced Tuner

Re: How to tune VE with an A4????

According to the gm service manual there is no default action taken by the pcm when your MAF fails so it should not affect your A4 trans operation. Just unplug it and set calibration to not turn on ses lamp for codes, p0101, p0102 and p0103.

if you really want to be sure, connect a trans line pressure gauge, then go for a drive and log some data before and after unplugging the maf. If the trans pressure stays the same and scan data doesn't show any abnormal data for transmission operation your good to go.
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

Tuner

I don't have a guage for that, what a PIA that would be! Well I guess it would be better than frying a new tranny. Thanks though
    Victor&&99 T/A WS6 &&TEA 5.3 heads, 224, .581 112, Mac Mids, ORY, SLP Loudmouth, SLP Flowpac, ASP pulley, BMR PHB, LCA\'s w/relos., SFC\'s, Vig 3600 w/ 4L65E,deep pan, B&M transpak, Hayden trans cooler

YOur trans wont be affected check this thread out frmo the horses mouth

Tuner

thanks

Tuner in Training

I tuned my A4 maffless and didn't even throw a code, didn't turn the codes off either. Maybe I'm paranoid, but it “seemed” like the only driving difference were the shifts were firmer. Maybe just my paranoid mind.

But my engine or tranny didn’t explode and all is well with the car. I just avoided a lead foot throttle and took it easy with the car while collecting data, which is the way you should drive anyway to get viable values to adjust upon anyway.
    2001 TransAm WS6 Mods? What mods?

Advanced Tuner

Hey Cat what are your mods?

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by WS6snake-eater
    Hey Cat what are your mods?

Stock internals. JH 3" LTs, cats and Y, GMMG Chambered Exhaust, 80mm TB, Lid, Bellow.
    2001 TransAm WS6 Mods? What mods?