Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huge idle problem...

Tuner
    Okay, listen:

I perfectly matched my RAF table in order to get between -0.05 and 0.05 of stit about all time, but since my car is m6 converted to a manual body 700r4, pcm have no way to know its in gear, so when I shift it in gear, stit go up in the 2-3 range. But anyway, I just tried to run it that way and it was the poorest idle I ever got, so I changed back to my idle as it was at first and its 100% better but still need a stupid 1100 rpm idle.

I will repeat myself, but as soon as this stupid idle goes anywhere below 900 rpm ( for whatever reason) it just won't recover and will stall.

Shit, I has been able to tune this car to perfection on both Nitrous and N/A using a 2 bar sd tune at any throttle position, but.... Idle is getting me angry to the point I am no more wanting to run this car bcause it always keep stalling for absolutely no reason anywhere any time.

I am about to give up on this stupid idle thing and set it to idle at 2k rpm
    30th anniv. TransAm
    Bullitt Mustang
    Ram 2500 cummins 6.7
    2009 rx8 r3

9 times out of ten idle problems are mechanical in my experience..

At the risk of over simplifying things, have you done a smoke test for vacuum leaks?

Tuner
    No....

How to I do this smoke test?????

BTW... with timing in the 40deg range, at 1100rpm, it kinda acceptable... still nowhere like stock idle, but I could live with that if I had no other choice.
    30th anniv. TransAm
    Bullitt Mustang
    Ram 2500 cummins 6.7
    2009 rx8 r3

If it was my car, I'd hook up an A4 park/neutral switch so the pcm knows if the trans in in gear or P/N. Then you can tune both rows of the RAF table.

Russ Kemp

You have two options as I see it, follow ^^^^ (and posted earlier by VYSSLS1) and wire in a P/N vs Gear switch or tune to the problem, if the problem is at it's worst then tune the RAF for in gear not P/N, the downside is the P/N idle wont be perfect but if anything it will be better than current setup IMO - that is assuming there are no vacuum leaks or similar.

Without the ability for the PCM to discriminate between P/N and gear every solution will have to a compromise.

I am not sure the correct pin to wire to or best method to approach it, but I am sure someone on here has done something similar.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    If it was my car, I'd hook up an A4 park/neutral switch so the pcm knows if the trans in in gear or P/N. Then you can tune both rows of the RAF table.

Russ Kemp
    Anyone know which wire should I look for?

Because I already hooked the clutch pedal switch that enable start of motor in neutral/park positions only.

Maybe I could just jump the two connections on the pcm together?
    30th anniv. TransAm
    Bullitt Mustang
    Ram 2500 cummins 6.7
    2009 rx8 r3

What kind of throttle body are you using?

Tuner
    stock but ported

Here is a pic:

30th anniv. TransAm
    Bullitt Mustang
    Ram 2500 cummins 6.7
    2009 rx8 r3