Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rich at idle

Maybe stupid question, did you check your PE EQ from 0-750rpm? On my LS2 I had idle AFR of 11.5 and perfect everywhere else. Bumped PE EQ to lamda 1 from 0-750 rpm and it took care of the problem. I'll see a dip into the 12's or 13's but then it rebounds to 14.7 quickly.

Stupid question, but did you adjust the idle airflow tables? From personal experience they contribute more to idle then VE does.

The first thing I typically do is the idle airflow histogram, and replace the table values with the new ones. Otherwise the computer dumps to much fuel in cammed cars.

Potential Tuner
    did this get fixed

having same issues, has anyone come to a solid conclusion? I know this is ancient

Usually when idle is fat with huge fuel injectors the min pulse width table has to be lowered, otherwise it will be rich at idle no matter what you do. It was the only way was able to get my 79# monsters anywhere close to 14.7
    " '01 SS "

Advanced Tuner
    You need ALL of the injector data including short pulse adder, voltage offset, IFR ect. Without it, you are flying blind and will never get it set right without a lot of trial and error. If you build an injector flowbench with an adjustable voltage supply and a controller that can pulse the injectors at a set frequency and pulse width, you can characterize the injectors and fill out all of the tables pretty damn close. This is why good injectors have a surcharge as they are consistent and have good data to go along with them.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    what does your open loop table look like for targets
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Ok, yea I just got some data from injectors I need to add in. I am running 60lb siemens deka EV1 injectors. in open loop at idle my afr is about 11:1, and changing the primary and secondary VE tables to practically nothing didnt help, and adjusting the base running airflow didnt help with afr, would just make it surge and stall. Also trying to dial in base running airflow, didnt see much on how to tune that, is that just guess work till it runs?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by welder350fd View Post
    Ok, yea I just got some data from injectors I need to add in. I am running 60lb siemens deka EV1 injectors. in open loop at idle my afr is about 11:1, and changing the primary and secondary VE tables to practically nothing didnt help, and adjusting the base running airflow didnt help with afr, would just make it surge and stall. Also trying to dial in base running airflow, didnt see much on how to tune that, is that just guess work till it runs?
    The injector data for those is available on Greg Banishs Beginning tuning DVD or if you find a tune that has that info in it then you can copy it. You need all of it in there.