Thread: Aem x seies wideband 30-0310

Potential Tuner

Aem x seies wideband 30-0310

I'm about to data log my 23 limited with a mpvi3 and aem in line wideband. What should i be using to power up the sensor, is a switch needed to delay the power/heating up or am I fine wiring to accessory power? Just trying to keep away from any potential thermal shock.

If you feel like it you could add a switch but if you start the engine quickly after power up the system it will be fine. This only becomes a potential issue on cold starts when the ski has been sitting for a while with condensation collecting inside the exhaust manifold.

Power up and start fairly quickly. Don't power up the accessory system and wait a minute before starting, this would get the ceramic hot and exposed to potential thermal shock.

Potential Tuner
    Okay, I was leaning in that direction. Thank you. Do you have any experience with AEM's X series WB with AEM/net(canbus)? Do the canbus wires need to be terminated with a resistor on the prolink?

Advanced Tuner
    If at all possible, delay powering on the wideband, until the engine has already started. Doing it the other way causes thermal shock to the sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by D_park View Post
    Do you have any experience with AEM's X series WB with AEM/net(canbus)? Do the canbus wires need to be terminated with a resistor on the prolink?
    There's no need to add any resistors. Simply run H/L lines from the AEM to the prolink adapter.

I'm about to data log my 23 limited with a mpvi3 and aem in line wideband. What should i be using to power up the sensor, is a switch needed to delay the power/heating up or am I fine wiring to accessory power? Just trying to keep away from any potential thermal shock.
    i user clamps to + and - avoid using the seadoo fuse box to add a wb also i found the fueltech nano to work best i been using the same sensor since October of last year i don't think aem is made for watersport
    Last edited by RUTHLESS; 1 Week Ago at 09:02 PM.

Potential Tuner
    If you're looking for a clean install, we have a plug&play accessory harness so you don't have to do any wire cutting or splicing. You can connect up to 3 devices at the same time.
    Sea-Doo / Yamaha Performance Parts

https://activejetsport.com/

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ZOI3T0ioUHY

Using our prolink plug and play harness
    Last edited by RUTHLESS; 1 Week Ago at 09:03 PM.

Why are you spamming, this thread is about hooking up a CAN wideband controller to HPT.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by activejetsport View Post
    If you're looking for a clean install, we have a plug&play accessory harness so you don't have to do any wire cutting or splicing. You can connect up to 3 devices at the same time.
    I've seen it. Looks like a easy clean install. I just can't justify using 1 plug for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by RUTHLESS View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ZOI3T0ioUHY

Using our prolink plug and play harness
    I already have my WB kit. Didn't need the gauge/display. Would be nice on factory display tho...

I've seen it. Looks like a easy clean install. I just can't justify using 1 plug for the price.

I already have my WB kit. Didn't need the gauge/display. Would be nice on factory display tho...
    we working on it to display on 22+ color dash

Potential Tuner
    I'm having some issues in vcm scanner. Got everything wired up, both analog 1 and canbus hi/lo. After connecting and repolling when I click to add channel I have no OBD controller options, just ecm and external inputs? Tried just the analog input i am getting voltage out from wb. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I'm having some issues in vcm scanner. Got everything wired up, both analog 1 and canbus hi/lo. After connecting and repolling when I click to add channel I have no OBD controller options, just ecm and external inputs? Tried just the analog input i am getting voltage out from wb. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    i try to tell you lol and you said { I already have my WB kit. Didn't need the gauge/display.} i have the perfect solution

Tuner in Training
    You might want to add a resistor. This thread sounds similar and it solved his problem. https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-ProLink-cable

Tuner in Training
    You might want to add a resistor. This thread sounds similar and it solved his problem. https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-ProLink-cable

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the input. I am connected to a laptop and loging through it as well. I'm gonna try the resistor over the weekend but am puzzled not getting a signal over to obd on the analog input. I am testing this on just accessory power btw(If that makes any difference?)
    The fueltech setup is nice. It really is a good setup but I already spent money on the AEM WB. I'm on a mild setup, not planning to tune over 8.4k. Really overkill for what I'm doing but spending more on another wideband isn't justifiable. I jest need some help with the software side

Thanks for the input. I am connected to a laptop and loging through it as well. I'm gonna try the resistor over the weekend but am puzzled not getting a signal over to obd on the analog input. I am testing this on just accessory power btw(If that makes any difference?)
    The fueltech setup is nice. It really is a good setup but I already spent money on the AEM WB. I'm on a mild setup, not planning to tune over 8.4k. Really overkill for what I'm doing but spending more on another wideband isn't justifiable. I jest need some help with the software side
    i understand for me adding any other wb is a mission impossible lol