Thread: Using a WB SD tune to calculate a new MAF table

Using a WB SD tune to calculate a new MAF table

Theory here

When the MAf is diconnected the PCM uses the ve table to figure out dynamic airflow, could you log RAW MAF frequency and then derive a table from the dynamic cylinder air pid (in g/sec). This way the maf models the engine flow and characteristics. This also takes into account any changes to the maf and the intake tract.....

What do you think???
    Edit/Delete Message

Advanced Tuner

Re: Using a WB SD tune to calculate a new MAF tabl

Should work, first your going to have to use one of the EIO inputs to bring in the maf Frequency so you can log both the SD calculated air flow and the Maf HZ at the same time., then you will painstakingly have to rebuild the maf table cell by cell.

I think it easier to just tune VE using speed density, then reconnect maf and then rescale maf table as need to get trims back in line.
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

Advanced Tuner

Aaaah. That makes sense too.
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6: SLP Lid, Adj. Panhard, SFCs, CAGS!, Hotcam, Hooker Shorties, Katech Tensioner, Catback with Dynomax 17221 3\" Muffler, Mobil-1, Bosch +4s, 160 Stat, !EGR, !MAFless, !FRA, S3 TB

Quote Originally Posted by rattle
    Should work, first your going to have to use one of the EIO inputs to bring in the maf Frequency so you can log both the SD calculated air flow and the Maf HZ at the same time., then you will painstakingly have to rebuild the maf table cell by cell.

I think it easier to just tune VE using speed density, then reconnect maf and then rescale maf table as need to get trims back in line.

Actually you can have the maf hooked up and force the PCM to run in SD all you to do is set the P0101 table under Engine diagnostics to 0. This should take of the MAF and you will still be able to log the frequency through the PCM

Advanced Tuner

I am anxious to hear somebody test this out. I am too darn busy to blow the dust off of my MAF and reinstall it...
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6: SLP Lid, Adj. Panhard, SFCs, CAGS!, Hotcam, Hooker Shorties, Katech Tensioner, Catback with Dynomax 17221 3\" Muffler, Mobil-1, Bosch +4s, 160 Stat, !EGR, !MAFless, !FRA, S3 TB

I have someone that will try this out tomorrow for me. I will post back with the resultls

Advanced Tuner

Dirk - What were the results of this test?
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Tuner

Yes... what were the results... ???
    2002 Quicksilver Corvette Z06

And then...

Never got around to it. It started snowing where he was from and I couldnt find anyone around my area to help me with the tests