Interface Upgrade – MPVI to MPVI2 with Pro Feature
*Your current interface will need to be shipped to HP Tuners
Interface Upgrade MPVI to MPVI2
HP Tuners presents our MPVI2 Upgrade Service, allowing you to upgrade your existing MPVI Standard or MPVI Pro interface to the latest MPVI2 interface hardware.
Please note you must add your MPVI Standard or Pro device to your My Account / My Devices page HERE first to upgrade.
- New vehicle support including Audi, VW, Ford EECV, GM L5P Diesel, Infiniti, Jaguar, Landrover, Mercedes, Nissan, Toyota and Lexus.
- Support for Universal Credits (no more GM, Ford, Dodge specific credits).
- Online licensing (no need to insure your MPVI2 for cost of licenses).
- Direct molded OBD2 connector.
- Optional OBD2 extension cables.
- 8GB internal memory.
- Expansion Port connection.
- HPT file Edit and Save without license.
- Bluetooth connection.
- Pro Feature Set (software license upgrade, release TBA).
- Standalone Flashing (release TBA).
- Standalone Data Logging (release TBA).
Please see the MPVI2 Feature FAQ for further details
Important things to consider when upgrading your existing MPVI Standard or Pro to MPVI2:
- MPVI2 includes all the functionality of the MPVI Standard interface
- Additional features as described above
- MPVI Standard to MPVI2 upgrade customers can purchase the Pro Feature at any time set once it becomes available
- MPVI2 does not include Enhanced I/O or Standalone Data Logging features of the MPVI Pro
- Enhanced I/O functionality will be enabled by expansion devices (release expected Nov 2018)
- All customers upgrading from MPVI Pro to MPVI2 will receive the Pro Feature set free of charge (required for expansion devices)
NOTE: Please DO NOT upgrade to MPVI2 at this time if you require Enhanced I/O or Standalone Data Logging functionality. You may purchase an MPVI2 to use alongside your existing MPVI Pro and then at a later date return your MPVI Pro to have the licenses combined to your MPVI2 (free of charge).
Please see the MPVI2 Upgrade FAQ for further details
The MPVI Pro or Standard interface must be fully functional to be eligible for upgrade. HP Tuners reserves the right to refuse any interface upgrade.
- Backup your MPVI Pro or Standard interface licenses online by choosing Help -> Resync Interface, from VCM Editor
- Login to your HP Tuners account My Devices menu and select Upgrade with the MPVI you wish to upgrade
- Complete your order
- Ship your MPVI Pro or Standard interface to the address below and include your order number on the outside of the box
The address to ship the MPVI Pro or Standard for the interface upgrade is:
HP Tuners LLC
RE: Interface Upgrade
700 Eastwood Ln
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
NOTE: Please allow at least 3 business days for the transfer to be completed and your new interface to be shipped back to you.
The default shipping added with the upgrade service is UPS ground, however expedited shipping is available via the checkout process.