Dodge PCM Upgrade Service
This PCM upgrade service is required to tune 2015+ Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/RAM vehicles (all FCA models, except the 2015+ Dodge Viper and 2014 to 2019 Jeep/Dodge/Ram vehicles with the EDC17C79 PCM). 2018+ models also require an HP Tuners Dodge 2018+Smart Access Cable.
- Please ensure you are sending in ONLY a PCM. No brackets, rubber isolators, or other pieces should be included, these components may not be returned with your upgraded PCM.
- After the PCM arrives at HPT, an HP Tuners engineer will upgrade the PCM and enable your HP Tuners software so that the PCM can then be read, licensed, edited, and flashed with HP Tuners software! This is a one-time upgrade that will not affect other operations of the PCM. The factory tools will still work for service. And HP Tuners will then work for tuning!
- While there is no hardware change, the back cover of the PCM does need to be removed.
- Any hardware ordered with this product will be shipped along with your upgraded PCM/TCM. To avoid delays please order the hardware separately.
- Please note this service is required to tune your 2015+ Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/RAM (all FCA models, except the 2015+ Dodge Viper and 2014 to 2019 Jeep/Dodge/Ram vehicles with the EDC17C79 PCM). In addition to this service, all 2018+ models require an HP Tuners Dodge 2018+ Smart Access Cable.
- EDC17C79 PCMs installed in 2014 to 2019 Jeep/Dodge/Ram vehicles do not need to be upgraded. The EDC17C79 PCM will update upon the first read of the ECM which will allow read/write abilities.
- As of 12/21/2015, ALL non-original 2015+ Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/RAM PCMs that are sent in for upgrade must have a stock read performed before it is shipped to us. This read must be uploaded before adding the Upgrade service to the cart.
- *Gen 3 EcoDiesel PCMs cannot be read prior to upgrade. Any spare or non-original PCMs will need to be programmed to the vehicle before or after upgrade by HP Tuners—this is the responsibility of the customer.
- If you are sending us a spare PCM, please make sure to send a read from the stock PCM. While we can upgrade it as a blank PCM without a read, you would have to flash the correct OS/VIN onto the PCM as well as most likely do a throttle re-learn and/or SKIM re-learn. If you can supply a stock read, we can flash the PCM here. The stock read must be done as a GPEC2A, 2015+ Dodge or a GPEC2, 2015+ Dodge (depending on which PCM the vehicle is equipped with. Please see the Dodge PCM Identification Thread if you are unsure which PCM you have). If you do not have access to perform the read, please download the latest update from your customer page and try again.
- Once ordered, you can send either an original PCM or a spare. The spare has to be a compatible PCM.
ATT: Dodge Upgrade Service
Order number (Insert Your Order Number Here)
HP Tuners, LLC.
700 Eastwood Ln
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
- Every PCM coming to HP Tuners MUST have an order number clearly marked on the exterior of the box. Failing to do so may cause your order to be delayed.
- After placing your order, check your email for a PDF form (printable). You MUST fill out this form and include it inside the box with your PCM. If you do not do this, your PCM will either be returned without service, and you will not be refunded for shipping costs, or heavily delayed!
- We will upgrade PCMs as fast as we can, but initially, please allow – 3 business days (plus the time to ship the PCM) per PCM that you send in for the upgrade process to finish. (i.e. 2 PCMs = 3-6 business days.)
After purchasing this service, please fill out the shipping form below and place it inside your shipping box.
PRINT SHIPPING FORM
NOTE: Customers are responsible for shipping costs when sending HP Tuners your ECM/PCM/TCM. The shipping charge at checkout only covers returning your control module after modification.