Page 27 of 87 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Those that got involved, helped steer the software in the direction they wanted.
    Those that get involved, continue to help steer the software in the direction they need. The past week is proof of that. We've implemented almost everything people have asked for in the last 4 days.
    Keith, the 2016 camaro SS M6 has all the AFM hardware but is disabled. Can HPTuners re-enable AFM on this platform?

All of the existing license options that were in 2.24 are still there, but we've added more for the vehicles that were not "licenseable" before, or vehicles that had invalid vin/os pairs that required waiting on us. You now have more options to license those vehicles and get the customer out the door.

When you're prompted with the license dialog, it shows you the exact credentials your options are licensing against, so you get to chose whats best for you.

If you're having license issues, please contact support.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Lots of licensing info has been posted here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...icles-licensed
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    What am I looking at?

Are you saying your vehicle had knock retard in 2.24 but not 3.0? If so, post your log and tune.
    No, i am saying i have a graph setup to log KR. everything in the graph is setup correct. everything needed to log it is loaded in the parameters. X axis is rpms Y axis is calculated cyl airmass. while logging the blue active cell will move correctly but it will not fill in any values other than the top row. Down in the histogram below i have the same calculated cyl airmass logged and it works fine. The values match up with the active cell in the graph.

In the attached image cell .16 is correctly selected as the active cell for Calc Cyl Air but it does not put a value in the graph. Only the top row will actually fill in any values.

I have tried creating my own math function and creating a new graph for it but i have the same issue. All other graphs look to be working normally.

Log and layout
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post414192
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is weird

Basically only MAF airflow and RPM are used to calculate MAF G/cyl

If I log MAF and I log RPM (exact same PID's as used in the included math parameter), both show up just fine. So why doesn't the math parameter work?

edit: I created a user defined math parameter that was exactly the same as the one included and that started working.. but when I tried to use it in a histogram it didn't work. I got the same results (everything on the top line basically)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Lots of licensing info has been posted here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...icles-licensed
    I better email you for the information. What we have been doing when repairing PCM's does not look like it will work.

"Calibrated for Domination"
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by CalEditor@pcmcalibrators View Post
    I better email you for the information. What we have been doing when repairing PCM's does not look like it will work.
    All of your existing license options will still be there and work.

If your PCM has a serial # that cannot be changed, they the licensing becomes a bit more flexible.

We support so many different PCM's now, that we had to add new licensing options. We did not remove any of the existing ones that 2.24 had.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    If we go with what that post ways, I'm screwed. That "new security layer" took away all of the flexibility we had for custom jobs. Custom cars require custom files.
    I can't spend credits the way 3.0 asks since I change the OS very often. Unless you are planning to add RTT and 2/3 BAR support for every OS out there, I think this change is a bad move.
    Since this problem is only present in 3.0, can we just keep using 2.24 for older platforms (P01 and P59 PCMs) and use 3.0 for new cars? I don't need to change the OS in Gen4 controllers
    Hope you have plans to keep 2.24 compatibility in the MPVI firmware.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

That post needs to be updated and is generic.

All your flexibility is still there.

WE'VE ONLY ADDED LICENSE OPTIONS. WE HAVE REMOVED NONE!

THIS ENABLES LICENSING ON SCENARIOS THAT WEREN'T LICENSE-ABLE BEFORE.

IT DOES NOT RESTRICT EXISTING LICENSING METHODS

Tuning Addict
    Those that got involved, helped steer the software in the direction they wanted.
    Those that get involved, continue to help steer the software in the direction they need. The past week is proof of that. We've implemented almost everything people have asked for in the last 4 days.
    When I would do this, I just kept getting told that the engineers had no plans to implement it and that only a few people had asked for it so there wasn't enough interest.... Will try to catch up this weekend
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

It must be locked to the OS also. I have 2 files that I just built in 2.24 and when I open them in 3.0 the one on the right want a license

222.jpg
    2.jpg

[email protected]

Tuning Addict
    It must be locked to the OS also. I have 2 files that I just built in 2.24 and when I open them in 3.0 the one on the right want a license

222.jpg
    2.jpg
    Same key being used in both? That's what I used to run into with going from 2.25 to 2.24...

Thanks Carson, That took me straight to the math formula's.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Please send the info to support and we will get you fixed up asap.

_ALL_ existing licenses SHOULD work in 3.0 without issue. If they are not, e-mail support PLEASE and we WILL fix!

Please send the info to support and we will get you fixed up asap.

_ALL_ existing licenses SHOULD work in 3.0 without issue. If they are not, e-mail support PLEASE and we WILL fix!
    I got it down now. The VIN, OS, and the VCMID all need to match. In the past when repairing PCM's I would just grab a "clean OE file" and install it with the customers VCMID. I would not install his VIN or even the OS. I would then flash it over with TIS to the latest GM calibration. Then I would send him a copy of the readout file and ask him if when opening the file the software is asking to relicense it. In this case it was. Then I started to dig into the issue.

It looks like the OS might be in a range and does not need to be the same
    Last edited by CalEditor@pcmcalibrators; 02-05-2016 at 11:10 AM.

[email protected]

It depends on the license. They don't all have to match.

It's a very complex system we have now, but only in the license selection process we present to the user.

You should still have the same capabilities and features moving forward as you did before.

IF NOT.. please contact us so we can fix the software so that it works as you need it, and as it did in 2.24.

How about live updates so we don't have to download the full 70+ MB installation file every time...

We'll get there...

Potential Tuner
    will the 3.0 work on windows 10 downloaded 3.0 will not open and 2.4 is gone thnks

Not sure what I am doing wrong but as soon as I start logging a vehicle the scanner crashes, but continues to scan in the background until I send/dont send the error report. All it says is overflow error. Picture and layout attached. Version 3.0.11.

vcmscannercrash.png
    Attached Files Attached Files