Thread: TB troubleshooting question.

TB troubleshooting question.

I just have a quick question regarding a Nick Williams 102 TB.

I've got the airflow tables and start's pretty well lined out, but here's the strange thing:

When accelerating the throttle does exactly what it's supposed to do until right after it hits second gear then all the sudden the throttle blade opens about 10% more and it accelerates rather rapidly which is rather annoying.

I have the ETC area scalar set to 7800 and there's no throttle actuator modifiers doing anything weird.... So I'm at a loss. I don't have a log of it doing it, but here's a tune.

Lemme know,
    thanks guys.

P.S. It did throw some sort of throttle actuator code, but I disabled it.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

I typically use 7200 or so. Why such a high scalar? I use 7750 on the 105.

I don't actually have a suggestion. I was just curious on your choice of scalar.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    I typically use 7200 or so. Why such a high scalar? I use 7750 on the 105.

I don't actually have a suggestion. I was just curious on your choice of scalar.
    Oh I set it like that because I got tired of whacking down the airflow tables to make it not flare so much during startup, or while blipping the throttle.

I tried as low as 6,600 with no change in the way it drove.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Anyone else?

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    Anyone else?
    Which electronics, C5 or C6, on your NW 102?
    C5 7500 scalar is a good starting point.
    C6 6000 scalar works fine.
    Set your adaptive idle integral and proportional RPM error to 75 so you don't chase idle speed with the throttle blade. Use adaptive spark control to fine tune the idle.
    Good luck.

Take a look at your Throttle Follower torgue table.
    You have some really high numbers in your second gear table.
    Look at a 2008 stock tune for the same engine.
    Much lower numbers in that table.
    I check a 6.2 truck, LS2, LS3, LS7, and LS9 stock files and they all have numbers similar to the 2008 Throttle Follower torgue table.
    All the NW102 TB tunes I have done with old or new electronics use much lower numbers similar to the 2008 Silvarado stock tune.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by wstaab View Post
    Take a look at your Throttle Follower torgue table.
    You have some really high numbers in your second gear table.
    Look at a 2008 stock tune for the same engine.
    Much lower numbers in that table.
    I check a 6.2 truck, LS2, LS3, LS7, and LS9 stock files and they all have numbers similar to the 2008 Throttle Follower torgue table.
    All the NW102 TB tunes I have done with old or new electronics use much lower numbers similar to the 2008 Silvarado stock tune.
    Good luck
    Good info, what's strange though is when I tried a 2010 Camaro throttle torque table, but that just made the truck go nuts, another words I'd barely depress the throttle and the TPS at idle would go from 17% to 38%. And once it got up to speed, it would start surging.

By the way this is a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado NNBS CCSB that had the Vortec Max(L76) not anymore though.

The torque numbers in it are from the stock TB by the way. :/

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

subscribed.
    I'm having the same issue.
    2008 Silverado 2500HD
    357 rwhp 382 rwtrq tuned by me
    MODs: CAI, cut out, cat delete.
    (New Mods: Ported TB, pacesetter Long tubes, and off road Y= redynoing soon )