Thread: Why is my O2 sensor reading like this?

Why is my O2 sensor reading like this?

Does this look like an O2 sensor that needs replacing or is there anything that would cause it to actually read like this? Notice how the problem suddenly goes away and the truck runs like normal afterwards. The problem happens the first few minutes after start up, but only 25% of the time approx. See the log below. Thanks for the tips.

I can't believe that no one on this site or the other LS1 site knows what is wrong with my truck!!! I guess I'll check for an intake manifold leak next

perhaps there is a problem with the sensor dude. Take the first steps, and replace it, see if the part is faulty or not. First step would be replace that O2 sensor, if that doesnt fix it, looks like you will be chasing it down. This is probably why there hasnt been a responce. There is so many things that could be wrong, but if it was me, I woudl start with replacing that sensor. Or even switch them around, and see if it happens again on the other bank. Hope this helps

Awesome idea man. I didn't think about just switching them. The reason I posted is because the new O2 sensor is $120 and if I wanted to be sure that's what is wrong before I buy it. I'll switch them and see what happens. Thanx.

hey, no problem man!