Thread: ZL1 LSA Kong IAT Advance retard

Potential Tuner

Unhappy ZL1 LSA Kong IAT Advance retard

Hi,
    Faced a problem with the ignition angle retard. When measuring on dyno everything was fine, the ignition angle differed from the base angle by only 1-2 degrees. But when driving on the road, I noticed that for some reason the ignition angle was off by 8-10 degrees from the baseline.
    I noticed that the IAT advance parameter has a value of -12 degrees. The intake temperature is in a good(30-35 Celcius) range and there should be no decrease in ignition angle. I am confused.
    Maybe the problem is that I did not increase the virtual torq maps and the diagnostics P0101, P0106, P0121 I left factory.
    I'd love some help, guys.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Your post sounds like a non native english speaker so there might be something lost in translation.

A ZL1 has two IAT sensors. You want to pay attention to IAT2 for a ZL1. That will tell you if the aftercooler is working/ bled// not collapsed.

your run 4 log shows you making a wide open throttle pull but the throttle didn't open all the way. Do you have any codes present after a hard run like that?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

It doesn't look like your logging the IAT2. Based off your already pulling -5* timing from IAT right when you start to hit the throttle makes me think you have a dead/failing intercooler pump, low coolant or needs bled. Your IAT2 should ideally be 20*F over outside ambient temp when moving. Looking at your IAT timing table you are easily hitting 212*F or more during a pull. You don't want to see over 145* and that's pushing it on pump gas. On a stock cooling system and 12psi I was hitting 145* on a 90* day at most which is still not ideal. 120*F and under is good and your sitting at that not even making a run.
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Your post sounds like a non native english speaker so there might be something lost in translation.

A ZL1 has two IAT sensors. You want to pay attention to IAT2 for a ZL1. That will tell you if the aftercooler is working/ bled// not collapsed.

your run 4 log shows you making a wide open throttle pull but the throttle didn't open all the way. Do you have any codes present after a hard run like that?
    yes, I don't speak English well, sorry
    The throttle position in heat 4 is not correct, I think. I re-selected the parameters in vcm scanner and the throttle position began to be determined correctly. In any case, I didn?t notice any difference in acceleration.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRolla View Post
    It doesn't look like your logging the IAT2. Based off your already pulling -5* timing from IAT right when you start to hit the throttle makes me think you have a dead/failing intercooler pump, low coolant or needs bled. Your IAT2 should ideally be 20*F over outside ambient temp when moving. Looking at your IAT timing table you are easily hitting 212*F or more during a pull. You don't want to see over 145* and that's pushing it on pump gas. On a stock cooling system and 12psi I was hitting 145* on a 90* day at most which is still not ideal. 120*F and under is good and your sitting at that not even making a run.
    in such case, what is the number of parameter IAT 1, how can I find it in vcm scanner?

Quote Originally Posted by vlad1989 View Post
    in such case, what is the number of parameter IAT 1, how can I find it in vcm scanner?
    Search intake air temp 2. ID is 2128.
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq