Thread: New to tuning have a 412 injector question

New to tuning have a 412 injector question

So I have a swapped E46 with a 5.3, small cam, headers, yada yada.... I swapped in some 412 injectors on a 0411 pcm and attempted to understand the conversion that has been posted by top guys in here.... I have to have gotten pretty close with it (forgive the ignorance) because the car starts, got it to idle and it runs.... the problem that Im looking at is that with the bigger injectors the ve table is showing like 80's and 90's at idle to get a 14-15 afr idle.... just wondering if someone could take a peek at the injector data in my tune and tell me whats off.... its a corvette fuel pressure regulator and the rail is showing 58ish psi.... thanks in advance Im just kinda lost
    Attached Files Attached Files

If your VE is correct with stock injectors using accurate stock data, and you then change injectors, if the VE/MAF needs big changes then one of two things has happened: 1, the data is not right, or 2, the injectors aren't what they claim to be. In either case the issue is that the data does not match the actual injector, whichever one isn't what it's supposed to be.

I guessed that was the case.... The injectors are gm oem 412 injectors and I guess Im not understanding what I need to change or haven't changed everything that I needed to in the tune... I read several posts related and saw the P59 return and return less you posted and thought I understood that the information in the tunes was what I needed to change.... I guess I was wrong any pointers to get the right injector data for the 412 injectors for the 0411 pcm would be greatly appreciated

Your injector data matches the first revision of the conversion I did. The one in the spreadsheet in my signature is slightly refined, but isn't enough different anywhere to cause what you're describing.

great thats reassuring.... now Im really lost

I wonder if the fuel pressure might be dropping off

At idle? Would you not be able to see a fuel pressure gauge when it's parked and the hood open?

I have billet fuel rails no provision for the gauge or should I say yet.... Im going to swap out the corvette regulator with a adjustable FPR with a gauge I have laying around and see what it is doing.... I checked the fuel pressure when I first got it running when it had just an LS1 rail... Im thinking either the fuel pump is taking a crap or the vette fpr is....

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by yotebluffshooter View Post
    So I have a swapped E46 with a 5.3, small cam, headers, yada yada.... I swapped in some 412 injectors on a 0411 pcm and attempted to understand the conversion that has been posted by top guys in here.... I have to have gotten pretty close with it (forgive the ignorance) because the car starts, got it to idle and it runs.... the problem that Im looking at is that with the bigger injectors the ve table is showing like 80's and 90's at idle to get a 14-15 afr idle.... just wondering if someone could take a peek at the injector data in my tune and tell me whats off.... its a corvette fuel pressure regulator and the rail is showing 58ish psi.... thanks in advance Im just kinda lost
    The MAF is enabled on this. For that reason what you doing to the VE table really isn't having a direct effect on fueling. You would need to disable the MAF to tune the VE
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Thanks Alvin, got it figured out