Thread: 09 G8 with a 6L80E/ Yank 3200 stall questions

Tuner in Training

09 G8 with a 6L80E/ Yank 3200 stall questions

Hi everyone, I am trying to get my car sorted out after upgrading the converter to a single disk yank 3200 and I need some help from minds greater than mine.

I had already zeroed out slip and only let it lock in 5th and 6th with the stock unit

Sometimes this converter will lockup and other times it will not lock at all. when locked in 6th cruising the rpms rise up a touch which tells me its slipping?

I had not done anything with the apply pressure or regulator gain, nor have I driven it with the scanner connected yet.

I put the regulator offset to 90psi, and have the gain stock at 1.0. I added 12% to the entire apply ramp table. Now im getting ready to go for a test drive with the scanner connected and see if that helps.

Is there any benefit to doing an adaptive reset or trans clean procedure? Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Im just a mechanic trying to learn how to tune.

The car is a 09 Pontiac G8 with a BTR 1 LS3 cam, and a Yank SS3200. I attached files so y'all can see how bad i'm messing things up
    Trans Tune TCM only.hptBase file ECM only.hpt

Senior Tuner
    It could be that you are fast enough for 6th gear but not 6th gear locked up. The difference between the two might have you thinking its slipping.

When I do a A6+ with a loose converter I program them to stay into 5th unless its fast enough for 6th gear to be locked up. For example I'd rather ride around at 1800 locked up in 5th gear than to go to 6th gear and be unlocked cause its only at 1100...
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs