BASE EDIT.hpt

Junkyard 6.0 with a red/blue 0411 PCM
    TSP Mad Maxx cam
    PRC Stage 2.5 862 heads
    TBSS intake
    12613412 injectors
    92MM DBC throttle body
    4L80E

Will crank and fire, but not actually start. This is my first time with HPTuners I copy/pasted the injector data from a table BlindSquirrel populated.

any pointers?

Tuner in Training
    Forgot to mention, this is SD with no MAF.

If it still has the original 2002 L59/'Z' fuel rails & regulator, your fuel pressure should be 51 PSI KOEO, all the data in the spreadsheet is for 58 PSI. That's not why you have a no-start, though it does need to be fixed before you get to any actual tuning.

Have you done any basic EFI-type diagnosis yet, or just tried to start it and it wouldn't run? What is the fuel pressure? Where is the log file showing what happens when you try to start it? Do you have channels in the log for both cam & crank sensor signals? What about the #1 most useful and basic EFI no-start test, spraying it with brake/carb cleaner? If it starts and stays running while being sprayed you know right away that you have something causing not enough fuel to start, either from low fuel pressure or injector PW too short (or something that intentionally shuts off injectors, like VATS), and you can instantly rule out everything spark related.

Oh, never mind. 'TBSS' intake, so I assume it's a stock single-inlet returnless rail? What did you do with the rest of the fuel system? Is this a swapped vehicle?

How did you convert it from 4L60 to 4L80, just flipping the Trans Type switch? No segment swap?

Tuner in Training
    It does have the stock returnless fuel rail setup, and the regulator is set to 58psi.

This is swapped into a 1987 c30 pickup. There?s a walbro 450 in the tank and aeromotive regulator.

The trans swap, i downloaded a stock file from the repository and copied every cell of data from that file to mine. I don?t even know what a segment swap is, is that not what I did? Forgive me, I am NEW. Lol

Tuner in Training
    I kid you not. I went outside and reflashed this file and went to log the cranking and it started. Lol

Searching '4l80E' and 'segment swap' will give you lots of stuff to look at. The settings you can see and make changes to in the HPT Editor is about 10% of the actual code in the PCM. The base, low-level stuff like for different transmission types has to be changed some other way, that's what a segment swap is for.

'Aeromotive regulator'? Is there a little vacuum line going to this regulator from the intake manifold, or is it just being used as a returnless type with a constant 58 PSI all the time no matter what?

Tuner in Training
    it?s just a return style regulator. 1 line in, 1 line to the rail, 1 line back to the tank. It can be set up for boost reference but there?s no boost to reference.

Tuner in Training
    Is there a preset channel list I should be using? The ?stock? one in the scanner is very vague.

Tuner in Training
    Just searched my OS number and 4L80 and came up with ?pound sand? lol

1272013 is the OS ID I?m using. I can?t segment swap that for a 4L80?

You should really have dedicated channel lists depending on what you are trying to do - diagnose a no-start? tuning spark? idle tuning? VE tuning? dialing in the speedo?

12216125, not whatever it changed into after the COS.

By the way, this is not how you turn off stuff that's no longer present:

screenshot.18-05-2024 11.30.50.png

Unchecking the box only stops it from turning the light on, it still runs all the diagnostic tests and takes all the related actions based on the pass/fail. They have to be set to No Error Reported to tell it that stuff isn't connected anymore.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    By the way, this is not how you turn off stuff that's no longer present:

screenshot.18-05-2024 11.30.50.png

Unchecking the box only stops it from turning the light on, it still runs all the diagnostic tests and takes all the related actions based on the pass/fail. They have to be set to No Error Reported to tell it that stuff isn't connected anymore.

Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFootedRacer View Post
    it?s just a return style regulator. 1 line in, 1 line to the rail, 1 line back to the tank. It can be set up for boost reference but there?s no boost to reference.
    No boost, but there is vacuum. Hooking up the line will let it drop fuel pressure when engine load is low (low MAP/high vacuum). Lower pressure allows a wider window for pulsewidths at idle. Injector settings will have to be changed to do that, data is in the spreadsheet for both types if you decide to experiment.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    12216125, not whatever it changed into after the COS.
    This appears to have worked. I appreciate that. I don?t know how to ?confirm? wether or not it worked, but I did flash the file to the PCM after doing the segment swap.

I guess I have a one more question before running off and trying to tune it?

-Is the PCM properly set up for DBC? I?m not getting the 5v to the TPS I need, and unsure why. Everything seems to mechanically check out, so I?m curious if the PCM is holding back voltage because it?s trying to operate the DBW components.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFootedRacer View Post
    -Is the PCM properly set up for DBC? I?m not getting the 5v to the TPS I need, and unsure why. Everything seems to mechanically check out, so I?m curious if the PCM is holding back voltage because it?s trying to operate the DBW components.
    It was DBC from stock, if it didn't have traction control. It has no changes from my stock '02 Suburban L59 4WD file and System Options: ETC = 0 like it should be.

screenshot.18-05-2024 13.29.33.png screenshot.18-05-2024 13.29.54.png

Your Cylinder Volume is wrong, it's still for a 5.3. 6.0 should be 745.90cm3.

Tuner in Training
    Wonderful. Just checked the pin on the PCM and get the same voltage there as I do at the TPS plug. Looks like the PCM is bogus.

All the 5vref pins come from a common supply on the board inside (I believe it's only the later ECMs that have multiple 5v rails), so unplug both connectors and check continuity between all the 5v's and make sure it's open when checking them to ground.

That also means you can use any 5v source to feed the TPS, if you can find others that do still work.