Thread: e85 on 2001 lq4 p01 pcm

Potential Tuner

e85 on 2001 lq4 p01 pcm

Pretty new to HP tuners, and efi tunning in general. I have a gen 3 lq4 with 60lb siemens injectors, 78mm on3 turbo with 8psi spring. Its running on e85 and i noticed my tune doesnt need any of the flex fuel OS's. I was wondering how the tune differs to a similar tune but on pump gas.

How do you tune spark tables for ~14psi boost if the table maxes out at 1.20 cyl airmass (g).

PS something cool I did today was feed my innovate wideband analog output to EGR sensor positive wire. Now in HP tuners I can see wideband voltage in EGR sensor voltage data, and use this with a math function to calculate AFR. No need for prolink now

egr.png
    Attached Files Attached Files

If your car actually runs at all on that tune it is a miracle. Your airflow and fuel values are just hacked up nonsense. It appears that this was done many years ago, back when you had to send in your file and let the HPT guys convert your OS, as the 2bar sd os says "mod locked".

Senior Tuner
    Setup the injector data correctly then redo VE. Right now CylAir isn't reporting accurately. Deka 60's flow around 73lb/hr@4bar not 52.5lb/hr. Don't forget the other tables.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gametech View Post
    If your car actually runs at all on that tune it is a miracle. Your airflow and fuel values are just hacked up nonsense. It appears that this was done many years ago, back when you had to send in your file and let the HPT guys convert your OS, as the 2bar sd os says "mod locked".
    Its ran like this for I think since 2016 lol. Actually runs good (to me) 14.6 AFR at idle, partial throttle / cruising, and hits good AFR at WOT ~ 11.6. MAF is failed, so using VE for fueling, still have O2s and go into closed loop. STFT are disabled and LTFT are enabled during closed loop. Dont look too bad 9% ish.

Senior Tuner
    First, make sure CylAir is correct by doing what I mentioned.

There's always the option of rescaling the tune, but if you're at something like 1.36g I wouldn't do it. An alternative is to use Spark>Advance>Fuel Base to subtract.