Thread: 2015 L83 P2097&2099 After Header tune

Potential Tuner

2015 L83 P2097&2099 After Header tune

Hi all!

Have a 2015 GMC Sierra L83 6l80. Have headers and full DOD delete. Went to a tuner originally to get my truck tuned for the long tube headers which are 1 3/4", and for a while I've been getting p2097&99 codes saying the truck is running rich on both banks. It does smell out of the exhaust. I now have HP tuners as i did some trans tuning, but am lost when it comes to these codes. I will attach two logs, run 4 is normal driving, run 5 is WOT a few seconds into the log. Will also include my tune file to see what I need to do to fix the fuel trims. Thanks guys!run 4.hplrun 5.hpl2015 GMC Sierra Beta.hpt

Codes P0297 and P0299 are still on, those need to turned off with catless headers, plus the cat test is still active on this tune file. People that run the newest software can't remove those things anymore, for sure the cat test. Someone with older software might be nice enough to remove them for you.

You'll never make the exhaust not smell catless when there are no cats, so smelling rich is kinda just the way it will be.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Codes P0297 and P0299 are still on, those need to turned off with catless headers, plus the cat test is still active on this tune file. People that run the newest software can't remove those things anymore, for sure the cat test. Someone with older software might be nice enough to remove them for you.

You'll never make the exhaust not smell catless when there are no cats, so smelling rich is kinda just the way it will be.
    Yeah I know it will smell regardless, but it smells like its running fairly rich. Have high flow cats on there as well.

Potential Tuner
    How do your turn off the cat test?

Potential Tuner
    Is anybody able to tell if my truck is in fact running rich and if i need to do anything about it? I am able to switch the codes off but would like to see if there is an issue with the tune before I do that.

Tuner in Training
    From the short logs you posted no, it is not running rich. Also short the dod disable and some driver demand changes there's nothing much done on the engine side of the tune to make it run any richer or leaner.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom @ Overdrive View Post
    From the short logs you posted no, it is not running rich. Also short the dod disable and some driver demand changes there's nothing much done on the engine side of the tune to make it run any richer or leaner.
    Thank you. Nothing done with timing? Tuner said he tuned the truck for 93 and added the most amount of timing possible without causing harm to the engine?