Thread: Pulse width drops to zero on #1 injector

Potential Tuner

Pulse width drops to zero on #1 injector

Engine builder/tuner is having an issue and I?m trying to do some research in the back ground. 2015 SRT grand Cherokee. 2.9 whipple custom tune. Had 850cc FIC?s. Just had the motor fully built, pistons (10.1:1), rods, bearings, stage 2 PD cam kit from HHP, 1000cc FIC?s. Tuner said immediately after cold start injector pulse width on cyl #1 drops to zero. He can?t figure it out. Verified all plugs are connected, traced wiring, etc. Any help?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevincmonaghan View Post
    Engine builder/tuner is having an issue and I?m trying to do some research in the back ground. 2015 SRT grand Cherokee. 2.9 whipple custom tune. Had 850cc FIC?s. Just had the motor fully built, pistons (10.1:1), rods, bearings, stage 2 PD cam kit from HHP, 1000cc FIC?s. Tuner said immediately after cold start injector pulse width on cyl #1 drops to zero. He can?t figure it out. Verified all plugs are connected, traced wiring, etc. Any help?
    I want to add there were ZERO issues with the car prior to build. Worked great for 3 years.

Tuner in Training
    I literally just fixed this on a 300 Hellcat swap car. In my case, the number one coil wasn't getting ground signal. I did some continuity testing from the PCM to the coil connector and lo and behold right before the connecter the wire had broke. Replaced it and all was well.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevincmonaghan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unicornpower View Post
    I literally just fixed this on a 300 Hellcat swap car. In my case, the number one coil wasn't getting ground signal. I did some continuity testing from the PCM to the coil connector and lo and behold right before the connecter the wire had broke. Replaced it and all was well.
    Ok good to know. I?ll pass it along to
    Him.

Potential Tuner
    Well?. Harness ground was loose. Fixed the issue. Now onto the next issue in a new thread.