Thread: cannot license zf 8speed trans licensing issue

cannot license zf 8speed trans licensing issue

2016 Dodge Challenger - cannot license the tcm
    2020 Charger scat pack - cannot license the tcm

I can read the tcm on both vehicles without issue & computers are unlocked. I tried 2 different MPVI devices, updating to the newest beta version, tried the normal version as well. I've renamed the license.dat file to create a new on as well. I can write a tcm tune on vehicles I previously tuned without issue. This is only on new reads I'm having problems with. Is anyone else having this issue?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]

Tuner
    Simple question:
    - Did you activate the license? You have to address the credits to the TCM (I believe it is 4 for 8HPxx)

It doesn't allow you to license the tcm which is what's weir, but I did figure it out. MPVI3 & the latest beta version after updating it today, read the car and had issues. Had issues before updating as well. I used the latest std hptuners to read the vehicle and license the tcm and it works as it should on the 2020 Scat Pack with Hellcat trans swap.

Something with the Beta version when reading these Dodge vehicles was my issue.
    Last edited by Camaro6; 1 Week Ago at 06:40 AM. Reason: my phone auto corrected on orig reply

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro6 View Post
    It doesn't allow you to license the tcm which is what's weir, but I did figure it out. MPVI3 & the latest beta version after updating it today, read the car and had issues. Had issues before updating as well. I used the latest std hptuners to read the vehicle and license the tcm and it works as it should on the 2020 Scat Pack with Hellcat trans swap.

Something with the Beta version when reading these Dodge vehicles was my issue.
    I still use my MPVI2 and sometimes I am glad.
    I am not the guy that tunes transmissions, our username is similar. If yo message me about I am not replying anymore.